More insanity from emergent Brian Mclaren

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by candlelight View Post
    No kidding!!!! LOL remember during the sixties "I'm ok, you're ok, everyone is ok".

Comment

Originally posted by truthwarrior View Post
      Sounds like Brian has been listening a little too much of the Beatles-

"You're just left with yourself all the
      time, whatever you do anyway. You've got
      to get down to your own God in your own
      temple. It's all down to you, mate."
      John Lennon

What all this boils down too is that these people want to be their own gods. Brian started off at the beginning milder than he is now, but he has gotten progressively worse. It will not surprise me when he starts stating exactly what Lennon stated in this quote.

Mark my words this will be an RCC and New Age mix like you've never seen.

Love the smilies guys

Excellent assessment.

Comment

Originally posted by His Bride View Post
        Listening to McClaren has always made me wonder if he had smoked something illegal. Why is it that they remind me of the hippies way back when I was a teenager. That laid back, "cool," personna that wants to just "rap" with others about their feelings...Seems like we've been this way before....( Satan isn't doing anything new...this goes back to Genesis 3, as usual...it always does.)

P.S. No smiley's this time! oops, that one got in on its own.
        They all look a little spaced out don't they?

Comment

Originally posted by truthwarrior View Post
          They all look a little spaced out don't they?
          Uh huh!

Comment

Comment

Reading the original article posted by OWL, all I could think was "what a freak"

Comment

We all live in a yellow submarine, a yelloooooo man, wrong song.

Comment

Originally posted by Christina View Post
                  Reading the original article posted by OWL, all I could think was "what a freak"
                  It's a freakish movement. Sadly mclaren is no more extreme than his contemporaries. What is really disturbing is he is labeled as "evangelical" in the same terms as you or I would be. We have little in common aside from being subject to gravity and needing to breathe oxygen to survive.
                  There is One King, and He is not this guy. sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OnceWasLost View Post
                    It's a freakish movement. Sadly mclaren is no more extreme than his contemporaries. What is really disturbing is he is labeled as "evangelical" in the same terms as you or I would be. We have little in common aside from being subject to gravity and needing to breathe oxygen to survive.

Comment

Originally posted by Cherished View Post
                      You mean, Jesus isn't really in a cracker?? I wonder if they know how truly ridiculous they sound.
                      Dang! I ate a whole box yesterday! I ate all those Goldfish for nothing...?

Comment

Emergents actually believe that they can work with God to build His Kingdom here on earth now.THEY do the work WITH Him! Jesus is set aside entirely, as a good man and we should try to be more like Him. Our own works are as filthy rags. God's Kingdom is not happening NOW.... it is at hand. The Kingdom won't be established until the Lord comes to reign! (sorry...I just can't stand Brian McLaren and his ilk. They are leading people I know away from Jesus and it makes me sick.).
                        1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

Comment

Originally posted by twisty58 View Post
                          Emergents actually believe that they can work with God to build His Kingdom here on earth now.THEY do the work WITH Him! Jesus is set aside entirely, as a good man and we should try to be more like Him. Our own works are as filthy rags. God's Kingdom is not happening NOW.... it is at hand. The Kingdom won't be established until the Lord comes to reign! (sorry...I just can't stand Brian McLaren and his ilk. They are leading people I know away from Jesus and it makes me sick.).
                          Exactly!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cherished View Post
                            We all live in a yellow submarine, a yelloooooo man, wrong song.
                            I wished they all lived on the yellow submarine- off land.... far away from here....far, far, away......

Comment

Working...
                            X