Universal Church

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal Church

I know this site definitely believes in the Universal church doctrine. I don't. How does it make you feel when you read an article like "Klavan" the enemy is in the church" posted today (8/17)? Do you really believe the Roman Catholic church is the mother church like this guy is trying to say? If so, I'd challenge you to think and pray on this. There is certainly a difference in the family of God and the church of God, but the universal church doctrine does not differentiate. Do you really believe that in the first century the Christians who were being persecuted and killed by the Romans all of a sudden decided that they would merge religion and government with those persecuting them (against what Jesus taught) and together they would be the pure church of God? Pretty far fetched. The true difference is the church that Jesus established was not linked with government and membership was thru baptism after being saved, not infant baptism. The universal church doctrine just devalues the true meaning of church and fellowship and tries to associate true bible-believing churches with heretical churches like the Catholic church.

You're misunderstanding a lot about what we believe.
    sigpic
    Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

Comment

I donít misunderstand what you believe, Iím just pointing out a possible predicament in your belief. If you believe the church is all believers and you also believe that the Catholic Church was the mother church then technically you are one and the same with Catholics. I doubt you believe that, but when you read articles like that talking about how the Catholic Church was the church that Jesus established, i assume that most believe that even though itís not true. When I read an article like that I know that my church is my local assembly, I have no connection to any other religious group.

Comment

Jesus is the head of the Church. The body is made up of the born again believers. Attending a local congregation, or claiming membership in a denomination does not mean one is part of the real Church anymore than standing in a garage means you have become a car. Atheists can attend a local church, but it does not mean they are part of the Church. In fact, some local churches are full of wolves in sheep's clothing, leading the flocks to their ruin. Jesus talked about the enemy planting tares among the wheat. That's why discernment is so important. Stay in the Word, so you can tell the difference between what is true and what is false. One has to have a relationship with Christ in order to be part of the Body. Sitting in a pew doesn't guarantee anything.

Take one and pass it on!

Comment

Originally posted by rida34 View Post
            I donít misunderstand what you believe, Iím just pointing out a possible predicament in your belief. If you believe the church is all believers and you also believe that the Catholic Church was the mother church then technically you are one and the same with Catholics. I doubt you believe that, but when you read articles like that talking about how the Catholic Church was the church that Jesus established, i assume that most believe that even though itís not true. When I read an article like that I know that my church is my local assembly, I have no connection to any other religious group.
            I do believe you are misunderstanding a great deal or trying to have it both ways - not sure which, so I'll attempt to break it down for you.

First, the notion you have (or not) that the universal catholic church (an archaic term meaning all true believers) shares belief with the Roman Catholic church is false. We do not believe the Roman Catholic Church is the mother church.

The universal catholic church - the term - is not to be confused with the church of Rome.

All true, born again believers comprise the Church. The Bride of Christ. The word catholic comes from the Greek word katholikos which means "universal" or "general" and as born again believers, we are most definitely members of the katholikos church. The Apostles' Creed is where most people see "catholic" mentioned and if they don't know the history, well, that's a potential problem.

Regarding "an article like that" please remember that the main site is an end times clearing house of sorts and many articles that are posted over there do not necessarily align with the doctrines and dogmas more closely associated with the forums. The RR forum is a haven from the noise of the rest of the internet and our little oasis is a place wherein you will find members modeled after the Bereans. We test the things that are claimed against the Word and the Word is the final authority on all matters relating to our belief.

As to the specific article you're referring to, please help us by providing a link so that we may review it before commenting further.
            sigpic

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

Rida, just because an article is posted on the main site does not mean what's in it is correct or that it is what the Biblicists here believe, either. I'm pretty sure there are few if any here confused about the RCC. Peter was not the rock himself, but his confession.

Comment

I am totally confused about what this person is talking about. It sounds as if words are being twisted deliberately in order to cause an argument.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by caligal View Post
                  I am totally confused about what this person is talking about. It sounds as if words are being twisted deliberately in order to cause an argument.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X