Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Priscilla Shirer????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priscilla Shirer????

Over the past few years I have read articles that indicate Priscilla Shirer has/is fallen into the emergent/mystical trend. The only link I can find at this point is LightHouse Trails. Someone at my church is looking at new studies for the women's bible study, and when I mentioned to her what I had read, she wanted to read all the info I could find before choosing. Does anyone have any suggestions for credible articles I can forward to her? I searched this site and am turning up zero.
    thanks.

Maybe look here:

https://bereanresearch.org/war-rooms...hy-it-matters/

I just googled "Priscilla Shirer contempletive" and a long list pulled up.

She may get some things right in her ministry but she really pushes contemplative prayer...just sitting still for hours to hear God's voice. She's also has teamed up with Beth Moore, Christine Caine and Bethel for events. Birds of a feather...

Contemplative prayer has really saturated a lot of churches. Just yesterday I went to a Builder's supply store and I was talking to a worker there about trying to find the right house. I know that he and his wife hold weekly meetings for the Healing Rooms at their house, which is very New Apostolic Reformation. Anyway, he asked me if I've prayed about it. I said, "of course! All the time." And he responded with, "then what does God say? You need to listen for His voice."
    I said, "God doesn't speak to me audibly." He just shook his head and smiled. It left me feeling as if he was superior to me because of my inability to hear God's voice.

Anyway, these people are deceived and are seeking an experience rather than the truth of the Word.

Comment

Originally posted by Koalie View Post
      Maybe look here:

She may get some things right in her ministry but she really pushes contemplative prayer...just sitting still for hours to hear God's voice. She's also has teamed up with Beth Moore, Christine Caine and Bethel for events. Birds of a feather...

Contemplative prayer has really saturated a lot of churches. Just yesterday I went to a Builder's supply store and I was talking to a worker there about trying to find the right house. I know that he and his wife hold weekly meetings for the Healing Rooms at their house, which is very New Apostolic Reformation. Anyway, he asked me if I've prayed about it. I said, "of course! All the time." And he responded with, "then what does God say? You need to listen for His voice."
      I said, "God doesn't speak to me audibly." He just shook his head and smiled. It left me feeling as if he was superior to me because of my inability to hear God's voice.

Anyway, these people are deceived and are seeking an experience rather than the truth of the Word.

Every time I hear someone say that kind of stuff I cringe, and they do feel puffed up almost like to belittle you or one up you, run from those people you can not reason with them.
      John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

Maybe look here:

Thanks. Getting ready to dig in ------

Comment

Maybe look here:

What is scary is that they are actually listening to demons!!!!

Comment

She has also made appearances on Joyce Meyer's program.

Comment

I'll be glad when the bugs are worked out of this new software! When I try to post anything I get "error" and then find it actually has posted. But when I try to go back and make corrections, the system won't allow it.

Comment

Just listening to Priscella Shirer in her own words should give you concern. See this YouTube video https://youtu.be/Ewi2iTi3Ec8. Notice how dismissive she is of the written Scriptures. I don't know how anyone could say she doesn't believe that Scripture is insufficient. The skill with which she manipulates the 10th chapter of John is breathtaking. No doubt she has some of the best stage presentation skills out there. But equally indubitable is the fact that she is a false teacher.

Comment

Working...
                X