Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree! Great for a sticky. Especially if it remains with the same title of 'Emergent Charts' so we know what it is.

Thanks Buzz!
    "..but the hand of the LORD was strong upon me." -Ezek. 3:14
    May it ever be so!

Comment

Oh, tiny piece of advice.
      I don't know if you have the source files or pages, but if you save them as compression-0 PNG, you'd get rid of all the annoying jpg artefacts (the wiggly lines around areas of contrast)

Comment

This is an interesting chart. I have to say though, the views attributed to Emergent aren't the standard view as implied here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dulouz View Post
          This is an interesting chart. I have to say though, the views attributed to Emergent aren't the standard view as implied here.
          trying to pinpoint an Emergent is like trying to nail jello
          but we know the truth and what they are trying to do

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
          Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
          Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzardhut View Post

we know the truth

and that is why some emergents are scared that some people (even a few)

may listen to us and see the emergents are deceiving and being deceived

I mean, Chris Lyons attacking Ingrid of http://www.sliceoflaodicea.com

and comparing her to Osama Bin Laden and murderers

(see) http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=99429

Doug Pagitt 's mini-tirade towards Todd Friel and Kevin de Young and other critics of his

(see post 4) http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=99978

and Tony Jones and Brad Culver comments on his beliefnet blog today

slamming Calvary Chapel and Chuck Smith

quote from that blog:

Brad also mentioned that if the Jesus Movement had had

1) the theological interest and

2) the social media technology that emergent has, they probably would have been a bigger force for a longer time --

or at least they wouldn't have been tempted to join with the conservative Calvary Chapels of the world.

---------------------------------------------

and lets not forget

the non-stop hate online

that emergent bloggers have towards John MacArthur and others who refuse to be emergent
            For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

Comment

So you don't know exactly what Emergent believes, but your offering up what appears to be a definitive chart of their views?

Comment

So you don't know exactly what Emergent believes, but your offering up what appears to be a definitive chart of their views?
                That's because the garden variety emergent is so messed up, they don't know what they believe. It, by nature is totally subjective, but the charts nail the movement, but not each individual.

You already knew that though.

Care to give specifics, or do you prefer to generalize?
                There is One King, and He is not this guy. sigpic

Comment

I know what they believe and it's not good
                  the charts are an accurate description, they try to weasel around it too much

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
                  Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
                  Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

The Chart of Emergent Destruction

Thanks for this chart and all the work you put into it. Sending to my pastor.

Comment

http://www.spurgeon.org/~phil/posters.htm

Comment

Care to share your views on what Emergent is? Are your views the standard? Are you offended by the chart?

Comment

dulouz, I dont think even emergents know what emergents believe
                          For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

Comment

let me attempt a shot at this
                            in a nutshell:

Emergents are post modernists, playing "Christian", denying the true salvation of the reformation, practicing ancient pagan catholic rituals, in their church converted pubs, decked with comfy couches, pillows, beer kegs, wine coolers, and neon lighting, cussing, cursing, & questioning the validity of God, evangelicalism, and scripture, in between skin piercings, tribal tattoos, baldness, long sideburns, and goatees.

am I close?

Comment

Oh, and don't forget they are born again every day and they question if this is all a hoax, if God even exists, because ya know, they are agnostic in that sense.

Comment

let me attempt a shot at this
                                in a nutshell:

Emergents are post modernists, playing "Christian", denying the true salvation of the reformation, practicing ancient pagan catholic rituals, in their church converted pubs, decked with comfy couches, pillows, beer kegs, wine coolers, and neon lighting, cussing, cursing, & questioning the validity of God, evangelicalism, and scripture, in between skin piercings, tribal tattoos, baldness, long sideburns, and goatees.

am I close?
                                I think you nailed it... Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X