Announcement

Collapse

Time to Move to Rapture Forums

Brothers and Sisters,

Rapture Ready's Bulletin Board is no longer maintained. Members have been moving to Rapture Forum's Bulletin Board https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/ Apparently unrepairable bugs in our software after a needed upgrade led to the decision to close Rapture Ready and to encourage members to continue fellowship at Rapture Forums. You'll find an active and vibrant Bulletin Board at Rapture Forums. See you there!
See more
See less

Elwin Roach?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elwin Roach?

Has anyone ever heard of him? What is your opinion? My sister is recommending I read his writings.

I read as much as I could bear from his wacky site. Painful not only because he desperately needs an editor, but because his teachings are so unBiblical. I won't post it for that reason.

Here's what we have so far -

-- the KJV (much less all the others) is terribly unreliable for understanding truth, had 70,000 errors, now has 20,000 errors. so Roach will tell us the truth

-- the Church and Christian doctrine is all wrong - a constant theme

-- universal salvation - we are all part of God, came from Him, and everyone will *go through Christ and the cross* and return to God

-- no eternal hell (see above)

-- Lucifer is not satan, but Adam/man, and Adam/man is the resident of Eden, called the "Beautiful One", "Prince of God", "shining cherub".

That was enough for me. I hope you can get this book away from your sister.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Comment

Thank you for doing the research.

I figured it wouldn't be good.

Comment

iSong6:3 is an old post; but anyone interested in seeing for yourselves, check it out: https://www.godfire.net/

From what I have read, Elwin backs everything he teaches by the scriptures, at least, that's what I have found so far. Moreover, to me, he is a very good writer that makes for easy reading and enables me to see what he is saying.

Comment

iSong6:3 is an old post; but anyone interested in seeing for yourselves Google his name for his website.

Comment

---

Comment

iSong's post may be old, but her advice and discernment remain valid.

Comment

Comment

Please, let us all seek the truth in and through our Lord Jesus Christ ...

Comment

Working...
                  X