No announcement yet.

Jack Van Impe *merged*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like VanImpe, I feel that they are sincere. I haven't heard them say anything that has made me take a step back. I have heard many here say that they changed the channel when they heard Jack say something about the pope, or the world ending in 2012. But I think had you listened to the FULL program, you may have understood that is not what he was saying at all. He said the world will never end....He always talks about not knowing when the rapture will occur, however...you will know when it is near. I have watched the VanImpes for years, and yes..there are times when they are a bit over the top, but I do truly believe they are genuine believers that Love the LORD JESUS. And every day at the end of their show, they ask others to ask Jesus into their heart as Lord and Saviour. I think they have probably brought more people to the Lord than many on this board, Including myself.
    So, I agree with whoever stated above that they are teaching untruth...please by all means let us know what those untruths are. If you can show us, maybe I will change my mind. But I haven't seen anything that would discredit them.

Comment

Originally posted by brothermike View Post
      I have a serious question that I want to pose to those who are ok with criticizing other ministers by name: How many people have you directly lead to the Lord this month? This year? All of last year?
      The only thing I see wrong with this question is that you put the onus on the human to lead a person to Christ when in fact, it is only our "job" to share the Gospel with others, we are not accountable for whether they accept the Lord as their Savior or not. By posing this question, you insinuate (in not so many words) that if the Christian shares the Gospel but the person chooses not to come to Christ that it is somehow the Christian's fault, I disagree with that insinuation.

I wouldn't ask "how many people have you led to Christ this month? this year?....I would ask how many times have you shared the Gospel with someone this month? this year? Guaranteed the numbers would be higher I share the Gospel with people on the bus on my way to and from work...I don't even know these people and some I never see again so I wouldn't know what the outcome of their decision was so your question of "how many people have you directly led to Christ this month? this year?" would be irrelevent.

You might ask why am I making a big issue about this? Because I get tired of that question being used against Christian's when someone feels you've said something you shouldn't or when someone feels you're making a judgement call when all you're doing is expressing your opinion (which by the way, was asked for).

Comment

I watch him with discernment. I like the news articles and how they relate to what is happening today. I get a kick out of both him and Rexella. They make me laugh. I do believe they are sincere and love the Lord with all their hearts. Jack is very serious at the end when he leads people with the Sinner's Prayer for Salvation.

Jack is a little kooky. Who isn't in some way?

If I don't like something he says, I look it up in the only true authority I have...THE WORD OF GOD!

Comment

Originally posted by KBKMNN View Post
          Not on this Christian board. If someone tries to date set, the thread is locked, or deleted. It ruins our credibility when dates are set and they come and go. Yes, we say we are watching, but none of us know, nor will we speculate on the date.
          I am glad to hear that because it seems every other board are setting all kinds of dates

Comment

I Love My Brother and Sister in Christ. The Van Impe's.
            I watch them every Sat.
            I hear people on here say " Today may be the day!" "He's coming soon"
            Another one " 2009 Rapture" how bout this one "The Rapture is Imminent"
            Jack does not date set, but says those same kinds of things.
            Like " It's getting so close"
            Or " It's at our doorstep"
            Other than that, i hear nothing that concerns me.

Know one knows, only our Father.
            But as Jack and Rexella , they are just as Excited as the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesusshineonme62 View Post
              I watch them every Sat.
              Another one " 2009 Rapture"
              Rapture 2009 is a prayer request for the rapture to happen in 2009, it is not date setting

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
              Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
              Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzardhut View Post
                Rapture 2009 is a prayer request for the rapture to happen in 2009, it is not date setting
                I'm prayer requesting the Rapture to be in May 2009!!!

Comment

I find it interesting that nobody who was being judgemental of brother Van Impe wants to directly answer my question. Thats ok, it was equally meant for the readers benefit (but I am still interested in the answers.).

Consider this, how would you react if someone was talking bad about your brother, sister, mother or father? Would you come to their defense? That is what I was doing for my brother Jack Van Impe and it is the same EXACT thing I would do for you.

With love

Originally posted by Christina View Post
                  The only thing I see wrong with this question is that you put the onus on the human to lead a person to Christ when in fact, it is only our "job" to share the Gospel with others, we are not accountable for whether they accept the Lord as their Savior or not. By posing this question, you insinuate (in not so many words) that if the Christian shares the Gospel but the person chooses not to come to Christ that it is somehow the Christian's fault, I disagree with that insinuation.

I wouldn't ask "how many people have you led to Christ this month? this year?....I would ask how many times have you shared the Gospel with someone this month? this year? Guaranteed the numbers would be higher I share the Gospel with people on the bus on my way to and from work...I don't even know these people and some I never see again so I wouldn't know what the outcome of their decision was so your question of "how many people have you directly led to Christ this month? this year?" would be irrelevent.

You might ask why am I making a big issue about this? Because I get tired of that question being used against Christian's when someone feels you've said something you shouldn't or when someone feels you're making a judgement call when all you're doing is expressing your opinion (which by the way, was asked for).

Comment

I find it interesting that nobody who was being judgemental of brother Van Impe wants to directly answer my question. Thats ok, it was equally meant for the readers benefit (but I am still interested in the answers.).

Consider this, how would you react if someone was talking bad about your brother, sister, mother or father? Would you come to their defense? That is what I was doing for my brother Jack Van Impe and it is the same EXACT thing I would do for you.

With love
                    Well, I really didn't criticize him I simply said I don't listen to him and that there are better TE's out there.

I also have no problem telling a Brother or Sister in Christ if I see they're straying off the path of God's Word, we are supposed to and I would do the same with you, with love

Comment

Jack recently said that the rapture would occur the night before the AC came to power and the seven year peace treaty was signed. That seems to greatly diminish the imminence of the rapture.

He first hints at this theory around the 14 minute mark, then flat out says it at around 18 minutes into the video from 4/22/09. You can watch the episode here:

http://wm.thegospel.com/wmv/jvi/jvi0916.wmv

Comment

Originally posted by Jesusshineonme62 View Post
                        I watch them every Sat.
                        Another one " 2009 Rapture" how bout this one "The Rapture is Imminent"
                        Jack does not date set, but says those same kinds of things.
                        Like " It's getting so close"
                        Or " It's at our doorstep"
                        Other than that, i hear nothing that concerns me.

Know one knows, only our Father.
                        But as Jack and Rexella , they are just as Excited as the rest of us.
                        I agree with this poster and would like to expand. We all come to this site to read breaking news and other articels related to prophecy. We are all interested in the end times and most belive the rapture is very close at hand. Everytime there is a big story like the swine flu for example the viewing numbers increase substantialy. They go from 100-150 viewers to 300-400-500.
                        We are all waiting for the next big birth pang , that unmistakenable prophesy and we wait with baited breath. Now I have not watched Jack and Rexella enough to say for sure ( thier a bit corny for me ) but everytime I have I never heard them date set I have heard them say the lords goming soon but Jesus himself told us that he would return soon to keep watch and we all believe that to be true. So before we start judging someone else please look at your own intentions for being here and let the one without sin cast the first stone.

Comment

People are posting their opinions because the OP ASKED for them. Nobody is judging, people are saying yes they watch them and voice their reasons why, others are saying they don't and voice their reasons why, had people not been asked I doubt they would have posted anything. The rest is up to the OP to decide.

Can people stop with the feather ruffling now?

Comment

I will watch your video and raise you this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CS4E...eature=related

Sounds to me like a peace treaty could be forced upon isreal at any moment.

CONJECTURE ALTERT: If the United States economy were to collapse next week as a result of any number of triggers (such as the Chinese dumping their treasury bonds) it would set the stage for the New World Currency/Order to come to power.

Again, all conjecture but that sounds pretty imminent to me.

Comment

I will watch your video and raise you this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CS4E...eature=related

Sounds to me like a peace treaty could be forced upon isreal at any moment.

CONJECTURE ALTERT: If the United States economy were to collapse next week as a result of any number of triggers (such as the Chinese dumping their treasury bonds) it would set the stage for the New World Currency/Order to come to power.

Again, all conjecture but that sounds pretty imminent to me.
                              (a little off subject) But I heard today on a conservative talk show that China is dumping their treasury bonds for copper! They are afraid of where America is heading. Time will tell. I know for myself that I have been much more foreward in talking to people about what is going on..most of them look at me like I am a crackpot, but I really don't care. Jesus is coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Christina View Post
                                People are posting their opinions because the OP ASKED for them. Nobody is judging, people are saying yes they watch them and voice their reasons why, others are saying they don't and voice their reasons why, had people not been asked I doubt they would have posted anything. The rest is up to the OP to decide.

Can people stop with the feather ruffling now?
                                The OP only asked if anyone watched the show. Then people started giving thier reasons for watching and thier reasons for not. Im sorry I belive some responses were judgemental and not entirely true.

Comment

Working...
                                X