X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by billiefan2000 View Post
    rob,

I know and what I think is sadder

is if this video was played in many churches (not just here in town) but elsewhere

many christians would think Bell wasnt being deceptive

and that is cause most churches

and many christians have become biblically illiterate or have been spirtually starved and have fallen into apostasy

cause their pastors wont preach the gospel of JESUS

That is a great 100% observational fact that you mention above... that is the actual fact that the end product of a biblically illiterate and/or gospel starved environment is lost people that will believe and follow anyone or anything because their house was never built on a rock of truth. "Garbage in garbage out as they say."

Also, I know for an undisputed fact that because of those factors many of the people in end time churches are people that just went to church their whole life and were never born again. They just hung around and socialized around a philanthropic social club or they just went to church their whole life because their family told them to.

They were never pointed to the law and shown how they were short of it and under God's wrath. Someone probaly said to them that they should be Christian because Jesus loves them or something.

I know for a biblical fact that a person needs to hit rock bottom and to come to God broken to really find Him. You need to be saved from something to really appreciate a Savior.

Comment

• http://www.fightingforthefaith.com/2...se-gospel.html

Deconstructing Rob Bell's False Gospel
      July 21st, 2009

• Deconstructing Rob Bell's False Gospel
      For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

Comment

• I really don't know what to say about that video.

Comment

• Deconstructing The Gospel-less Gospel of Rob Bell
          Published July 22nd, 2009 by Ken Silva in Emergence Christianity, Emerging Church, False Prophets, Rob Bell
          Apologist Chris Rosebrough does a serious and thorough deconstruction of the gospel-less gospel of Rob Bell in his in-depth Fighting for the Faith program where he begins:

Not only are there doctrinal errors in here; there are historical errors in here, and he’s engaging in something here called deconstructionism. This is a very, very dangerous “gospel” that he’s preaching.

And I am not going to back off from my assessment; I’ll tell you ahead of time, this is not the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This is not the Gospel that the Apostles preached. This is something completely different…

You listen to this important program in its entirety here.

http://christianresearchnetwork.com/?p=12226

Comment

• Why is he a preacher when he cant accurately articulate what the Gospel is?

Who is that presentation going to reach exactly?

Comment

• Originally posted by giest075 View Post
              Why is he a preacher when he cant accurately articulate what the Gospel is?

those who want their ears itched I guess is who Bell is trying to reach

2 Timothy 4:3-4

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

(what prophecy is being fulfilled?)

(see 1 Timothy 4:1 and 2 Timothy 4:3-4

Comment

• Originally posted by giest075 View Post
                Why is he a preacher when he cant accurately articulate what the Gospel is?

Giest, to answer your question, Rob Bell is incredibly popular. He is a close friend and affiliate of Brian McLaren, who is a leading force in the emergent church today. Rob Bell is the founding pastor of Mars Hill Bible church in Michigan, which is a mega church ( you can google it, there are other Mars Hill churches out there, his is the Michigan one, and I don't know if they are all affiliated). Rob Bell also authors a few very successful books - "Velvet Elvis" in which he explains his doctrine and criticises "fundamentalism", and "The Sex God" in which he states that sex and spirituality are pretty much one and the same But probably his most successful venture is the NOOMA videos, which are used by churches (even main-stream churches) all over the country - he is hip, cool, and young people love him. He has a VAST influence on today's churches, whether they realise it or not.
                Last edited by OnceWasLost; July 23rd, 2009, 10:58 AM. Reason: Seattle vs. Michigan

Comment

• Originally posted by Nightelf View Post
                  Giest, to answer your question, Rob Bell is incredibly popular. He is a close friend and affiliate of Brian McLaren, who is a leading force in the emergent church today. Rob Bell is the founding pastor of Mars Hill Bible church in Seattle, which is a mega church ( you can google it, there are other Mars Hill churches out there, his is the Seattle one, and I don't know if they are all affiliated). Rob Bell also authors a few very successful books - "Velvet Elvis" in which he explains his doctrine and criticises "fundamentalism", and "The Sex God" in which he states that sex and spirituality are pretty much one and the same But probably his most successful venture is the NOOMA videos, which are used by churches (even main-stream churches) all over the country - he is hip, cool, and young people love him. He has a VAST influence on today's churches, whether they realise it or not.

Thanks Nightelf. I'll be sure to check the links that Billiefan gave and google him to find more info.

Comment

• Mark Driscoll is the pastor of the Mars Hill in Seattle

Rob Bell is the pastor of the Mars Hill in Grand Rapids Michigan

Comment

• That stupidity is just a rehashed portion of what he wrote in Velvet Elvis. The whole book is that kind of missional, no repentance, explain away the true faith that is all throughout that book.

I find his not so thinly veiled way of saying that all the other "religions" have a similar story for their messiah figure. In Velvet Elvis he goes further and calls into question the Virgin Birth and weather it is necessary. He also passes judgment on many of Jesus' exclusive statements. All to cast doubt on the essentials of the faith.

Here are a couple horrendous quotes from that rag.

Jesus at one point claimed to be “the way, the truth, and the life”. Jesus was not making claims about one religion being better than all other religions. That completely misses the point, the depth, and the truth. Rather, he was telling those who were following him that his way is the way to the depth of reality. This kind of life Jesus was living, perfectly and completely in connection and cooperation with God, is the best possible way for a person to live. It is how things are.

Robb Bell.
                      Velvet Elvis Pg.21
                      What if tomorrow someone digs up definitive proof that Jesus had a real, earthly, biological father named Larry, and archaeologists find Larry’s tomb and do DNA samples and prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the virgin birth was really just a bit of mythologizing the Gospel writers threw in to appeal to the followers of the cults that were hugely popular at the time of Jesus, whose gods had virgin births? But what if as you study the origin of the word virgin, you discover that the word virgin in the gospel of Matthew actually comes from the book of Isaiah, and then you find out that in the Hebrew language at that time, the word virgin could mean several things. And what if you discover that in the first century being “born of a virgin” also referred to a child whose mother became pregnant the first time she had intercourse?

What if that spring (DOCTRINE) was seriously questioned?

Could a person keep jumping? (DOCTRINES are likend to springs on a trampoline) Could a person still love God? Could you still be a Christian?

Robb Bell
                      Velvet Elvis Pg.26
                      The obvious answer is no, but he thinks it is.
                      There is One King, and He is not this guy. sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by billiefan2000 View Post
                        Mark Driscoll is the pastor of the Mars Hill in Seattle

Rob Bell is the pastor of the Mars Hill in Grand Rapids Michigan
                        I STAND CORRECTED!!!

Thank you Billiefan

And thank you OWL for editing my post to correct it

Comment

• The sad part and the rebuttal I have for this is, Rob Bell is actually making himself and his Church believe they are part of the Persecuted church. What a shame that the blinders are on. I PRAY that He and all his follower's have a Damascus experience or whatever it takes to bring them to the Cross and realize their need for a Savior and the SIMPLE Gospel message.

Comment

• Very cult like... Can you just hear the power this guy has over those kool aid drinkers in the crowd?

That is a trap that many people fall into that do not use the bible as the authority or lense to look at the world but instead are following men. Any one that has read and chosen to believe the bible can see this man Rob Bell for what he is... a false teacher.

I see many churches as nothing more than cults of lost people that follow the crowd. When an issue is pointed out about their church they do not compare their church to the bible but instantly defend their church and their leaders rather than consider error a possibility.

Now I have read things by Rob Bell and the things that he says are wrong and this is not an issue of me taking things out of context. This guy is a false teacher... plain and simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrrrrpitch View Post
                              Very cult like... Can you just hear the power this guy has over those kool aid drinkers in the crowd?

That is a trap that many people fall into that do not use the bible as the authority or lense to look at the world but instead are following men. Any one that has read and chosen to believe the bible can see this man Rob Bell for what he is... a false teacher.

I see many churches as nothing more than cults of lost people that follow the crowd. When an issue is pointed out about their church they do not compare their church to the bible but instantly defend their church and their leaders rather than consider error a possibility.

Now I have read things by Rob Bell and the things that he says are wrong and this is not an issue of me taking things out of context. This guy is a false teacher... plain and simple.

It's sad because these people are under his deception and cant see they are being decieved. I didn't believe anything he said in his videos. It's clear he doesn't care about the real gospel and only cares about his emergent stuff. If he did care about the true gospel he would be proclaiming it boldly. He also woudn't have gave that gospel-less presentation he gave.

Comment

Working...
                              X