Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you!

Comment

• Here are a couple of recent threads that you might find informative...

http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=89...light=rob+bell

http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=90813

You will find more on Rob Bell in the Apostasy forum.
      Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right. - Charles H. Spurgeon

Comment

• Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right. - Charles H. Spurgeon

Comment

• Add one of robb bell's fellow apostates, phyllis tickle.

Always without fail, the thing that gets lost early in the process of a reconfiguration is any clear and general understanding of who or what is to be used as the arbitrator of correct belief, action, and control… The Reformation,…was to answer the question… Sola Scriptura, scriptura sola… While we may laugh and say the divisiveness was Protestantism’s greatest gift to Christianity, ours is a somber joke. Demoninationalism is a disunity in the Body of Christ and, ironically, one that has a bloody history… Now, some five hundred years later, even many of the most die-hard Protestants among us have grown suspicious of “Scripture and Scripture only.” We question what the words mean - literally? Metaphorically? Actually? We even question which words do and do not belong in Scripture and the purity of the editorial line of decent of those that do. We begin to refer to Luther’s principle of “sola scriptura, scriptura sola” as having been little more than the creation of a paper pope in place of a flesh and blood one. And even as we speak, the authority that has been in place for five hundred years withers away in our hands.
          (The Great Emergence 45, 46, 47,)
          And

The new Christianity of the Great Emergence must discover some authority base or delivery system and/or governing agency of its own. It must formulate—and soon—something other than Luther’s sola scriptura which, although used so well by the Great Reformation originally, is now seen as hopelessly outmoded or insufficient,… (The Great Emergence, 151)
          The neo liberal/gnostics are alive well among us. The death of truth is in full swing.
          There is One King, and He is not this guy. sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by OnceWasLost View Post
            Add one of robb bell's fellow apostates, phyllis tickle.

And

The neo liberal/gnostics are alive well among us. The death of truth is in full swing.
            Which explains why many are finding it difficult to discern the truth. If you throw out or call into question God's Word (Satan's, Did God really say that?), then you open yourself up to every lie and deceit out there.
            Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right. - Charles H. Spurgeon

Comment

• Originally posted by Anddra View Post
              Which explains why many are finding it difficult to discern the truth. If you throw out or call into question God's Word (Satan's, Did God really say that?), then you open yourself up to every lie and deceit out there.

A not so grand design.

Comment

• Thank goodness, I thought I was the only one that didn't have a clue as to who Bell was!

Comment

• Rob Bell interviewed in Chrstianity Today

This is such a shameful interview. If the interviewer had a backbone he wouldn't have allowed bell to spew this filth. This is what happens when mysticism becomes your god and Sola Scriptura is a dirty word. I have excerpted the most ridiculous portions here. (emphasis mine)

The Giant Story
                  Rob Bell on why he talks about the Good News the way he does.
                  Interview by Mark Galli | posted 4/22/2009 09:01AM

Rob Bell's latest book, Jesus Wants to Save Christians (Zondervan, with Don Golden), is his most substantive yet. It's nothing less than a holistic, biblical theology of salvation—written, paradoxically, in Bell's typical sentence-fragment style. No it isn't CT senior managing editor Mark Galli sat down with Bell, founding pastor of Mars Hill Bible Church in Grand Rapids, Michigan, to probe him on some of the more striking statements in his book.

Q. Are you a pacifist, or do you think that a truly Christian church has to be a pacifist church?

A. But my hope would be that as a Christian, you would have a larger imagination. Take Saddam Hussein. Your first impulse would be, "Man, if he wasn't in power, it would be great—and the only way is to bring in a hundred thousand troops." To me, the third way of Jesus is always asking if there is an imaginative, subversive, brilliant, creative path.
                  And that would have worked how rob?

Q. You say, "Jesus wants to save us from making the Good News about another world and not this one." What do you mean?

A. The story is about God's intentions to bring about a new heaven and a new earth, and the story begins here with shalom—shalom between each other and with our Maker and with the earth. The story line is that God intends to bring about a new creation, this place, this new heaven and earth here. And that Jesus' resurrection is the beginning, essentially, of the future; this great Resurrection has rushed into the present. The evacuation theology that says, "figure out the ticket, say the right prayer, get the right formula, and then we'll go somewhere else" is lethal to Jesus, who endlessly speaks of the renewal of all things.
                  We call that the rapture rob, enjoy your little kingdom here while you have it.

Q. All well and good, but how is this good news to people with no earthly hope? If I'm dying of aids or cancer, I probably don't give a rip about the renewal of all things. I want to know if my sins are forgiven, and when I die, if am I going to see Jesus or not.

A. Yes, and I would say that central to that new creation is the problem with the first creation—death. The Resurrection is about God dealing with the death problem. And central to this giant cosmic hope is a very intimate, yes, you can trust this Jesus. You can trust this new creation. You can trust being with him when you die, when you leave this life, however you want to put it. Yes, there is an intensely personal dimension to this giant story that you and I get to be a part of. No explanation of how to get to heaven, no sin, no atonement, no repentance, just a big swinging door with no accountability. How can you trust what you cant even know, describe or understand rob?

Q. You're essentially reframing the gospel—at least the gospel you inherited, the gospel we have known as the gospel in North America for the last couple hundred years. What a lame notion, great job Mr. interviewer guy, the Gospel was not known until America.

A. I am leery of people who have very clear ideas of what they're doing from outside of themselves: "You have to understand that I'm doing this and doing this." I would say that for 10 years, I have tried to invite people to trust Jesus. You can trust this Jesus. You can trust him past, present, future; sins, mistakes, money, sexuality. I think this Jesus can be trusted. How can you trust, exactly?

I often put it this way: If there is a God, some sort of Divine Being, Mind, Spirit, and all of this is not just some random chance thing, and history has some sort of movement to it, and you have a connection with Whatever—that is awesome. Hard and awesome and creative and challenging and provoking. And there is this group of people who say that whoever that being is came up among us and took on flesh and blood—Andrew Sullivan talks about this immense occasion the world could not bear. So a church would be this odd blend of swagger—an open tomb, come on—and humility and mystery. The Resurrection accounts are jumbled and don't really line up with each other—I really relate to that.
                  Yet something momentous has burst forth in the middle of history. You just have to have faith, and you get caught up in something. Oh, those goofy rapture people
                  I like to say that I practice militant mysticism. I'm really absolutely sure of some things that I don't quite know.
                  And there you have the mind and making of an apostate. Take a bow rob.
                  http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/....html?id=81195

Comment

• "This" Jesus?

I wasn't aware there was more than One, thanks for clarifying Mr. Bell.
                    I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
                    For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor;
                    no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

Psalm 84:10-11

Comment

• Originally posted by ShowUsTheFather View Post
                      "This" Jesus?

I wasn't aware there was more than One, thanks for clarifying Mr. Bell.
                      Yeah... didn't you know? Rob Bell found the "new way AKA new gospel" that was hidden away from Christians all this time.

Wow, thanks Rob for being so brilliant. Smarter than God!

Comment

• This is such a shame. I have a friend that does Bible studies in her home for older teenagers and young women. One of them was from Rob Bell's church. Angie has guided her toward truth and she has repented and is saved now, but her parents still go. The young lady has tried talking to her folks, but they will have none of it. So sad because it is such a huge church and so many are being led astray.

Comment

• What crazy answers to the questions. I would say he needs to be careful of having such an open mind that his mind might fall out, but I think it has already happened. I noticed there was no true answers to the questions. It is all just theory and no way to apply what he is saying to everyday living.

Comment

• Originally posted by republic74 View Post
                            What crazy answers to the questions. I would say he needs to be careful of having such an open mind that his mind might fall out, but I think it has already happened. I noticed there was no true answers to the questions. It is all just theory and no way to apply what he is saying to everyday living.
                            Yes, and that is the prevailing though process running through that branch of the postmodern church. There are thousands of churches who subscribe to his view on these things. When anyone does not recognize The Bible as the authority on matters of faith, this is the inevitable outcome.

I wish he were the exception but he and his ilk are becoming more the norm by the day.

Comment

• Reading that interview gave me a headache. Every answer comes across as inane psychobabble to me. Complete rubbish.
                              Matthew 22:36-40

36 "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?" 37 And He said to him, " 'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.' 38 "This is the great and foremost commandment. 39 "The second is like it, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' 40 "On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark777 View Post
                                Reading that interview gave me a headache. Every answer comes across as inane psychobabble to me. Complete rubbish.
                                With nothing firm upon which to stand, there is no way to give a firm answer. It is emerging 101, using allot of words to say nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X