No announcement yet.

Emergent Rob Bell *Merged*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If a 'Christian' leader doesn't know what the truth of the Gospel is, then he needs to re-examine his life. The Word of God teaches us the Truth. For someone not to know what that Truth is simply means they don't know Jesus. Jesus said 'I am the way, THE TRUTH, and the life, no one comes to the Father but by Me.'

Jesus is not abstract. The Word of God plainly teaches the Truth. These people are trying to re-invent who God Himself tells us He is. And the sad part is millions are following along because they think Christianity is out-dated and uncool.

The Truth will make us free. Obviously, Bell isn't free yet. Dear God in heaven, please open the eyes of the followers of this man, that they may come to know You, that they may come to know Jesus as the Truth and not some abstract life that is open to their own interpretation of His precious blood that was shed that they may have eternal life in HIM.

Comment

• my bible study group at work wanted to do a review on this book andI am so glad I declined. Although my reason wasn't because of the content I see that God did not want me in it...

Comment

• Books by people like Rob Bell will only see an increased presence in most Christian bookstores, since the bottom line is the bottom line for the big chains.

Would that they'd stock copies of Roger Oakland's books.

Comment

• Originally posted by billiefan2000 View Post
          Rob Bell equals 2 Timothy 4:3-4
          http://www.sliceoflaodicea.com/?p=479

Rob Bell Recommends This to Unsuspecting Readers

“For a mind-blowing introduction to emergence theory and divine creativity, set aside three months and read Ken Wilber’s A Brief History of Everything.” –Rob Bell, Velvet Elvis, 192, endnote 143

For a look another look at what Ken Wilber represents, click here to see the site founded by Ken Wilber himself. Here is the Integral Naked portion of his site. **Warning** Rob Bell is introducing his readers to the doctrines of demons through Ken Wilber.

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

Comment

• Originally posted by billiefan2000 View Post

~>Rob Bell Recommends This to Unsuspecting Readers“For a mind-blowing introduction to emergence theory and divine creativity, set aside three months and read (Heretic)~>Ken Wilber’s A Brief History of Everything.” –Rob Bell, Velvet Elvis, 192, endnote 143

For a look another look at what Ken Wilber represents, click here to see the site founded by Ken Wilber himself. Here is the Integral Naked portion of his site. **Warning** who teaches the "Doctrine of Balaam"(Revelation 2:14) and the "Doctrine of Jezebel" (Revelation 2:18)~>Rob Bell is introducing his readers to the doctrines of demons through Ken Wilber.
            ! Right on, Billiefan! Thank you for posting this EXTREME warning here to the unaware, who need to BEWARE!

Comment

• "Now to understand why Jesus prays like this, we have to understand that Jesus took very seriously the creation poem Genesis that the Bible begins with. And in this creation poem God creates, but God creates things that are capable of creating more, and so God creates trees but then gives trees the ability to create more. God creates animals and plants and fish but then empowers them to create more. And then God creates people, and gives them the ability to create more.
              So everything in creation is essentially unfinished, God leaves the world unfinished, and invites people to take part in the ongoing creation of the world."

From looking in the Scriptures, I don't see these statements as Biblically correct (which is what they should be, if you're going to talk about Jesus, and Genesis, and the Biblical account of creation). First of all, men don't have the ability to create an authentic blade of grass, much less another person from nothing. God has created human beings with an ability for physical reproduction. In the O.T., He said to be fruitful and multiply (within marraige). Being created, and going and multiplying is not the same as being created, and going and creating more. The Bible shows children are from the Lord ("fruit of the womb"), and are each created by the Lord. The Bible also shows an account of a barren womb in a woman, and a child not being granted until His timing. So, she didn't have the ability to multiply, or create. Psalm 139 shows each person is knitted together in their mother's womb, fearfully and wonderfully made by the Lord. Jesus was born of a virgin, and a miracle occurred there.

Same thing with fish and tree: When a new tree grows from seeds, or a new fish is born from eggs, they weren't created by the former tree or the former fish. They were created by God, who ordained a reproduction process in a physical fish and physical tree.

That's what I see by looking at the Scriptures. Please correct me if I'm wrong in any way.

Comment

• Rob Bell is a false teacher and Ken Wilber is a heretic, an unbeliever. This article you read is EXPOSING them for the liars they truely are! That's why when you read God's Word, you saw the TRUTH! This is the only way we Christians can keep from being deceived. We must all be "Bereans", and double check everything that is said, especially in "churches" today, against the "Gold Standard" of His Holy Bible. You got it RIGHT, Refined, good job!

Comment

• ^Thanks be to God, who gives Biblical wisdom generously, for those who ask for it, through His Word (James 1:5). I'm always learning.

Yep, one must always test everything according to the Holy Scriptures first and foremost, when hearing Biblical teaching.
                  Last edited by RefinedbyFire; March 13th, 2008, 02:40 AM.

Comment

• Thanks for the encouragement (in searching, and knowing His Word). =)

Thinking more about it, most people have a general awareness of this already, that creation itself does not do the further creating. People don't say, while looking at a young maple in their yard: "Yeah, that large, old maple in the backyard created this young maple." When looking in a box of playful animals, you don't say that the mother (or father, or both) created the offspring. Same when it comes to humans.
                    Last edited by RefinedbyFire; March 13th, 2008, 10:20 PM.

Comment

• Sing:
                      Thank you for your heads' up on this guy! I was browsing my catalogs the other day for some reading material; and lo and behold there is Rob Bell selling a mighty new agey book in our local Christian book store -- and this is only from me reading the back cover, but clearly was NOT about the God i know and love..

And b/c i knew who this guy was from here and your posts on him, i knew better then to read further..

Comment

• Rob Bell’s Recommended Author Interviews Neale Donald Walsch

Rob Bell’s Recommended Author Interviews Neale Donald Walsch

Click here to hear Ken Wilber’s interview with one of the world’s leading New Age authors, Neale Donald Walsch. The interviewer, Ken, was recommended by Rob Bell in Velvet Elvis who told readers do the following:

“For a mind-blowing introduction to emergence theory and divine creativity, set aside three months and read Ken Wilber’s A Brief History of Everything.” –Rob Bell, Velvet Elvis, 192, endnote 143

Rob Bell was recommending a powerful advocate for New Spirituality when he told readers to study Wilber who expresses his full support for Neale Donald Walsch in the interview. Make sure to note Wilber’s talking of “stages” of enlightenment going on in individuals and society—how people move from being, “ego-centric”, to “ethno-centric” to being “world-centric”. (Eckhart Tolle is teaching the very same thing on Oprah.) At nearly exactly halfway through the interview, Neale Donald Walsch states that the way he believes they can get people to move through the “stages” much more quickly is…meditation! Walsch calls it one of the “few things that have been demonstrated to move people through these stages more quickly”. That, friends, is why we are seeing such an emphasis on contemplative spirituality worldwide, across religious boundaries. The contemplative march into evangelical Christianity is now easily understood. It’s the way into the rebellious spirit realm that is urging the world towards spiritual Oneness without the Lord Jesus Christ. It’s the ultimate revolt.

Posted on March 2008 by Ingrid

http://www.sliceoflaodicea.com/?p=508

Comment

• Rob Bell book Sex God (article from Apprising Ministries)

ROB BELL SEX GOD
                          I May be Destined for Wrath, But I Like Me For Who I Am

By Stephen T. Roberts

And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires (Galatians 5:4).

For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God (Romans 8:6-8).

In his book, Sex God: Exploring the Endless Connections Between Sexuality and Spirituality Rob Bell, a very influential pastor in the Emergent Church, continues to promote the universalist’s view of salvation and the Gospel of Christ, and seemingly denies the problem side of the doctrine of sin. His view is steeped in humanism and the exaltation of man and seemingly ignores the whole idea that Christ died for us because we are lost in sin and are “enemies of God” (Colossians 1:21; James 4:4):

You can’t be connected with God until you’re at peace with who you are. If you're still upset that God gave you this body or this life or this family or these circumstances, you will never be able to connect with God in a healthy, thriving, sustainable sort of way. You’ll be at odds with your maker.
                          And if you can’t come to terms with who you are and the life you’ve been given, you’ll never be able to accept others and how they were made and the lives they've been given. And until you’re at peace with God and those around you, you will continue to struggle with your role on the planet, your part to play in the ongoing creation of the universe. You will continue to struggle and resist and fail to connect. (Sex God, 046, emphasis mine)
                          Within context, Bell is speaking of accepting our “lot in life” and basically being content with it. While an element of truth is there, it’s blindness to the big picture—all of it—that makes his statements dangerous. It’s fine to say we need to come to grips with the life we have been given; however, if I am still in my sins, no matter how at peace I am with myself, there will be no connecting with God unless His peace has been given to me. And that comes only because of the substitutionary sacrifice of Christ on my behalf and my being regenerated by the Holy Spirit, where by the grace of God, I place my faith in Jesus Christ.

God is not a therapist trying to help us accept what has happened to us and lead us to peace and happiness with who we are. That message leads us down the broad road to destruction. It does not deal with the problem of sin and the absolute holiness of God. It ignores the fact that regardless of our circumstance of life we are all sinful, and “by nature the children of wrath” (Ephesians 2:3).

If I have not accepted the fact that I am an enemy of God because of my sin nature; and that I deserve His ultimate justice and punishment, and turn away from who I am—not be at peace with it—accepting the substitutionary death of Christ, God's only begotten Son, and His resurrection, then I will not know true peace. Any peace that I may feel is a total false sense of security. Because without regeneration you cannot have eternal life — He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him (John 3:36).

The Bible states it plainly, but Bell chooses to ignore it and teach a dangerous message. Anyone reading his book without the discernment of the Holy Spirit would find themselves easily led down the broad pathway to hell.

Also disturbing is that Bell seems to imply that whatever situation we are in, God gave us that situation. This will lead to many conclusions which are not congruent with the nature or character of God. God does no evil, nor does He cause evil. So to say, for instance, that God gave me an abusive father is not true and is in discord with the truth of scripture.

There is also the thought he adds about our “role…in the ongoing creation of the universe.” This goes along with thoughts he expresses elsewhere about a 'creative energy' that we have. The latest Nooma — Open, suggests, “God leaves the world unfinished, and invites people to take part in the ongoing creation of the world” and suggests that the “divine energy that made the world” flows between us and connects us to whoever we are praying for or whatever we are praying about.

This evokes the very essence of panentheism, which is pervasive in the emerging church movement; the thought that we are connected to everyone and everything because everything is in God. So we see Rob Bell is following other worldly religions that have accepted or espouse some form of panentheism. We see this error in Unitarians, Hasidic Judaism, Kaballah, the Sufi branch of Islam, the Bahá'í Faith, Hinduism, Gnosticism, Manichaeism, Kabbalism, Creation Spirituality and the New Age movement. Bell is clearly not teaching the truths of scripture or of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

The Cross of Christ stands as a stark unanswerable dilemma to all those who blind themselves of the truth. They want to be gods; they want to exchange grace for lewdness and to deny the Lord of all creation and His perfect gift to us. They have had their conscience seared with a hot iron and no more do they want to hear truth but rather they heap damnation on themselves, teaching another gospel and a different Jesus.

Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 5:1).

http://www.apprising.org/archives/20..._sex_go_1.html

Comment

• Rob Bell Sex God: I May be Destined for Wrath, But I Like Me For Who I Am

http://christianresearchnetwork.com/?p=4748

Comment

• Rob Bell Critiques the Critics and calls them mean...

Rob Bell Critiques the Critics

Emerging Church, Mysticism, New Spirituality

Apprising Ministries has a new piece up on the Grand Rapids Press profile on Rob Bell last weekend.

http://www.apprising.org/archives/20...ll_critiq.html

Ken Silva points out the irony of Rob Bell calling his critics “mean and angry people.”

It reminds me of a spoiled child denied something he wants.

“You’re just MEAN!”

No, actually, Rob, to point out your gross distortions of Scripture,

your flagrant

and unbiblical consorting with the Dali Lama

and a whole cartload of Islamists, Buddhists and Hindus at the Seeds of Compassion Event,

your denial of Scriptural authority,

and teaching of eastern mysticism is an act of love on our part for those you mislead.

Mean people don’t love souls enough to risk being labeled mean

and angry to share biblical truth.

It is, however, the height of meanness to lie to young people,

to tell them that the Bible is a “human product”

and “not the product of Divine fiat”,

as you have done. It is the height of anger against God to reject his self-attesting, authoritative Word and make things up as you go.

It is the height of meanness to play the Pied Piper

and lead countless minds and hearts into the New Spirituality

that is sweeping the world by promoting eastern mysticism and Hindu practices such as yoga and meditation.

Our love for biblical truth and the souls that need to hear it is what compels us, nothing else.

http://www.sliceoflaodicea.com/?p=541

---------------------------------------------------------------------

ROB BELL CRITIQUING CRITICS

And Elijah came near to all the people and said, "How long will you go limping between two different opinions? If the LORD is God, follow him; but if Baal, then follow him." And the people did not answer him a word.

(1 King 18:21, ESV)

Well, Because Rob Bell Says So

Below you will see a couple of quotes from Rob Bell of the Emergent Church concerning his critics.

I encourage you to take a closer look at what this popular pastor in the emerging church,

who really has become somewhat of a golden Buddha to in their circles, is saying.

By the way. that reference really isn’t so far off when you consider where Bell

and his friend Emergent Church pastor Doug Pagitt will be in couple of weeks—Seeds of Compassion Event:

Rob Bell, Doug Pagitt with Dalai Lama.

March 23rd Bell was profiled in Grand Rapids Press, yet again.

And concerning those critical of his semi-pelagian theology such as Apprising Ministries he says:

Bloggers question his substance, his theology, his very Christianity. Does it bother him?

He leans his head back against the wall and thinks about that.

“Part of it hurts,” he says. “It just hurts.

It’s painful. But it’s fear and misunderstanding. These are mean and angry people.”

Then he laughs. “You know, God could give me 50 more years,” he says.

“So don’t wind me up. If you’re offended now, I’m just getting going.” (Online source)

This is a perfect example of the smarmy—“We’re just a little smarter than you are”—arrogance so prevalent within the emerging church. First of all, the very movement Bell is unquestionably

an important part of consistently attacks Biblical Reformed Christianity.

Some of us find this painful. Case in point, note the title of Bell’s forthcoming book: Jesus Wants To Save Christians.

Save Christians from what Rob?

For one thing, from people who hold to what renowned defender of Christianity Dr. Walter Martin (1928-1989)

so often called, “the historic orthodox Christian faith.”

If anyone seriously thinks that Martin would have been behind the Emergent Church,

with it’s highly subjective neo-orthodox existential approach to Scripture,

then—as Martin would say: They need to have their spiritual heads examined.

But in what Rob Bell says we see the façade of emerging tolerance crumble when Bell himself becomes judgmental while ascribing motive to his critics, who he says act out of “fear and misunderstanding.”

Then Bell further makes the judgment that they are “mean and angry people.”

Interesting; for one who embraces mystery, one can’t help but wonder:

How does Belle suddenly know this?

Answer: He doesn’t.

A while back Rob Bell was also quoted by the Chicago Sun Times about how he handles criticism of his ministry:

“But I love everybody and you're next!” he says, giggling. “

That’s how I respond to criticism.”

Bell is and does the unexpected. Then again, he says, so does God. (Onine source)

Yes Rob; He does.

I happen to love my Lord and since I also believe that He hates what you’re doing to His Word,

I guess I’m next. You see, as a pastor-teacher Jesus tells me to —

Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter (Proverbs 24:11).

And it might just wipe that smirk off his face when I tell Rob that this is no game with me. So don’t wind me up. If you’re offended now, Lord willing, I’m just getting going myself.

The Emerging Golden Calf Of The Love Of God

It is my firm conviction that Christ has shown me one area in particular where postevangelicalism and the emerging church have gotten things exactly backward. In my view they have now made an idol out of their own misunderstanding of the love of God.

And in their construction of this Golden Calf of Love, where the Lord is being recast in the corrupt image of man, they have now totally done away with the fear of God.

The truth is that we are to fear God and stay true to His Word above all. It is only after doing so that we will come a proper concept of the love of the Lord. And if you’d like to know why the American Christian Church is so spiritually obtuse then consider —

Now fear the LORD and serve him with all faithfulness (Joshua 24:14)

and — The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge (Proverbs 1:7);

and, lest you think this only an Old Testament admonition then consider this — it [the Church] grew in numbers, living in the fear of the Lord (Acts 9:31).

Are you really not able to see Satan’s blatant attack on proper Christian

theology and his hate for God’s Word within the man-centered mystic

musings of the Emergent Church of postevangelicalism?

Just look at the worldly influence of its cult-like leaders Brian McLaren and his disciple Rob Bell with their basic message:

People have been missing the real point of the Bible. Can’t you just hear, “

Yea, hath God said?”

Note the circular reasoning here.

Says who?

Then invariably the reply from someone caught up in this emerging cult of a new post-liberal theology will be an appeal to the words of one of its leaders;

in this case, Rob Bell.

But as I pointed out in Rob Bell and Karl Barth

all he’s really doing is repainting the old neo-orthodox existential view of Scripture.

And this will only lead right back down the same old broad road of liberalism

into the Fatherhood of God, the brotherhood of man,

and the neighborhood of “I pick and choose the parts of the Bible I happen to like.”

Sure, we’ll hear Bell, Emergent Guru Brian McLaren

and/or the Emergent Church with their classic hue and cry that men like me are so divisive.

Rubbish!

You see, there was a day when this emerging church rebellion against the Bible first began.

Consider the following from the discernment work Herescope:

Do not be deceived.

The “emerging church” movement did not spontaneously erupt.

It was a well-funded and well-organized movement from its very inception.

It appears to have been fashioned by a handful of corporate business leaders who wished to create a

counter-cultural evangelical movement.

The intended purpose appears to have been identifying and recruiting potential young leaders for comprehensive indoctrination.

One of the chief outcomes has been the further degradation and deconstruction of traditional Christianity.

(Online source)
                              It’s Time To Go To War

“When the principles that run against your deepest convictions begin to win the day, then the battle is your calling, and peace has become sin.

You must at the price of dearest peace lay your convictions bare before friend and enemy with all the fire of your faith.”

Abraham Kuyper

In closing—for now—I remind you of the great respect many of us have for Charles Haddon Spurgeon.

Then let me ask you: Why do you think the numerous vipers

within the Emergent rebellion have such disdain

for real men of God such as a Spurgeon?

You’ll notice that they sure don’t appeal to these powerful preachers of God’s Word. Brothers and sisters,

you must awaken to the times in which you live and come to recognize it

because these false emerging prophets are walking in another spirit.

So just what do you suppose

Spurgeon would have say about this New Downgrade No-Controversy?

Come here; pull up a Bible, and I’ll show you:

At the present day, I am afraid that nine people out of ten do not believe in the God Who is revealed to us in the Bible.

I can point you to newspapers, to periodicals, and also to pulpits by the score in which there is a new god set up to be worshipped–not the God of the Old Testament; He is said to be too strict, too severe, too stern for our modern teachers.

They shudder at the very mention of the God of the Puritans.

If Jonathan Edwards were to rise from the dead, they would not listen to him for a minute; they would say that they had quite a new god since his day. But, brethren,

I believe in the God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob; this is my God–aye, the God Who drowned Pharoah and his host at the Red Sea and moved His people to sing, “Hallelujah!” as He did it; the God Who caused the earth to open and swallow up Korah, Dathan, and Abiram and all their company.

A terrible God is the God Whom I adore—He is the God and Father of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, full of mercy, compassion, and grace, tender and gentle, yet just and dreadful in His holiness and terrible out of His holy places.

This is the God Whom we worship, and He Who comes to Him will take Him to be his Instructor, and so shall he learn aright all that he needs to know. (At the Master’s Feet, July 18)

Men and women, don’t let these Emergent wolves devour any more of your youth. Take up your Sword of the Spirit. And the Lord be praised; we’re finally going back up to Mount Carmel!

Comment

• http://christianresearchnetwork.com/?p=4768

Rob Bell Critiquing His Critics

Comment

Working...
                                X