Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Muehlenberg review of Rob Bell and his Vintage Elvis

http://www.christianworldviewnetwork...ll_Muehlenberg
    For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

Comment

• Rob Bell has been exposed as a wolf; yet, he remains thinly 'veiled' in sheepskin to those incapable of discerning the fangs that drip with poison. The believer's ability to discern truth from error is directly related to how often we saturate our minds in the Word of Truth!

May we each pray that those sitting under teachers who proclaim everything but Christ and Him crucified, the Power of God unto Salvation, be granted wisdom, from God, to see error and seek out a sound bible preaching church.

Maranatha!

Comment

• Rob Bell is “Open” to New Age Thought

http://www.sliceoflaodicea.com/?p=422

Rob Bell is “Open” to New Age Thought

Rob Bell’s mystical mythology of man is addressed by Rev. Ken Silva in this new piece from Apprising Ministries.

Silva points out that Rob Bell openly promotes Ken Wilber who says about himself:

“…a longtime practicing Buddhist, and many of the key ideas in my approach are Buddhist or Buddhist inspired. First and foremost, Nagarjuna and Madhyamika philosophy: pure Emptiness and primordial purity is the “central philosophy” of my approach as well.”

Online Source

Here’s what emerging celebrity Bell has to say about him as teacher:

For a mind-blowing introduction to emergence theory and divine creativity, set aside three months and read Ken Wilber’s A Brief History of Everything. (Velvet Elvis, 192, endnote 143)

Click on the Online Source link above to see the New Age heresy that Wilbur is promoting.

Rob Bell is simply telling us all what he really believes.

His teachings are pointing us to rank heresy. Any pastor who allows Bell’s materials into his church is exposing his church members to this kind of teaching.

Comment

• Originally posted by billiefan2000 View Post

Rob Bell’s mystical mythology of man is addressed by Rev. Ken Silva in this new piece from Apprising Ministries.

Silva points out that Rob Bell openly promotes Ken Wilber who says about himself:

“…a longtime practicing Buddhist, and many of the key ideas in my approach are Buddhist or Buddhist inspired. First and foremost, Nagarjuna and Madhyamika philosophy: pure Emptiness and primordial purity is the “central philosophy” of my approach as well.”

Online Source

Here’s what emerging celebrity Bell has to say about him as teacher:

For a mind-blowing introduction to emergence theory and divine creativity, set aside three months and read Ken Wilber’s A Brief History of Everything. (Velvet Elvis, 192, endnote 143)

Click on the Online Source link above to see the New Age heresy that Wilbur is promoting.

Rob Bell is simply telling us all what he really believes.

His teachings are pointing us to rank heresy. Any pastor who allows Bell’s materials into his church is exposing his church members to this kind of teaching.

http://www.apprising.org/archives/20..._creation.html

“OPEN” CREATION OF ROB BELL

Now we who have believed enter that rest, just as God has said, “So I declared on oath in My anger, ‘'They shall never enter my rest.’ ” And yet His work has been finished since the creation of the world. For somewhere He has spoken about the seventh day in these words: “And on the seventh day God rested from all his work.” (Hebrews 4:3-4)

Rob Bell’s Growing Mystical Mythology Of Man

Below follows a partial transcription of “Open,” which is the latest Nooma video by Rob Bell of the emerging church.

In his effort to please people, it sure seems to me that Bell has now so far over-emphasized the humanity of Christ that he has all but lost His Deity in the process.

Those familiar with liberal theology can also tell you it would teach virtually the same thing as Bell does below;

right down to the idea that “Jesus took very seriously the creation poem Genesis that the Bible begins with.”

In “Open” Rob Bells tells us:

Now to understand why Jesus prays like this, we have to understand that Jesus took very seriously

the creation poem Genesis that the Bible begins with. And in this creation poem God creates, but God creates things that are capable of creating more, and so God creates trees but then gives trees the ability to create more.

God creates animals and plants and fish but then empowers them to create more. And then God creates people, and gives them the ability to create more.

So everything in creation is essentially unfinished, God leaves the world unfinished, and invites people to take part in the ongoing creation of the world. Now, when you create, you always run the risk that what you’ve created, won’t turn out how you wanted it to, it may go a different direction, it may not be everything you intended it to be. It may veer off course, and it may break your heart.

And so, this creative energy, this divine creative energy that brought everything into existence it takes great risk in creating, but at the same time it works in a very specific way. It brings order out of chaos, so the Genesis creation poem says that it was wild and waste, chaos and void, and out of this God began the endless process of bringing design and order and beauty.

So when Jesus prays, He’s tapping into this divine creative energy that made everything.

And so prayer, for Jesus, it was not this passive, acceptance of well, I guess this is just how its gonna be, and it wasn’t this active kind of rebellion against

I’ll dictate the future for Jesus prayer was being open to the God who’s at work here and now,

but to be open to the creative working of God in the world here and now you have to be honest ,

so when Jesus is saying things like is there any way for this cup to be taken so I don’t have

to drink it He’s being brutally honest with God, God I don’t really want to go through this.

Like it says in the book of Psalms chapter 13 where the writer says God, how long will, will you forget me forever, how long will you hide your face from me?

Jesus came from a long tradition of people who saw prayer as brutal honesty with God.

Some people think that half of the psalms were laments, people grieving and outpouring their anguish in times of great suffering and torment, people shaking their fist at God, challenging God, doubting with God, wrestling with God, questioning God.

Apprising Ministries wants you to know how critical it is to note that there’s a whole lot more going on here than Jesus taking the creation poem “seriously.” You see, Christ Jesus of Nazareth is our Creator Himself in human flesh, and as such, the Master is the One about Whom this historical account of the creation is poetically—and literally—speaking of:

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth... In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. (Genesis 1:1; John 1:1-3)

For our purposes here in this particular piece we will zero in on the idea that mankind is essentially co-creators with God, which Bell ends up advancing when he says:

everything in creation is essentially unfinished, God leaves the world unfinished, and invites people to take part in the ongoing creation of the world.

But make no mistake; the Jesus of the Bible is God. You are not God, and you cannot participate in creation in the sense used of our Lord. And in our text above we have already seen from the Bible that — His — Christ’s i.e. God’s — work — in creation — was finished since the creation of the world so He doesn’t need you to.

Harnessing “Creative Energy” To Create

It’s also interesting that Bell’s mythical man-centered musings about this so-called “creative energy” above is also very close to that of Word Faith cult leader Kenneth Copeland:

Words create pictures, and pictures in your mind create words. And then the words come back out your mouth....

And when that spiritual force comes out it is going to give substance to the image that’s on the inside of you. Aw, that’s that visualization stuff!

Aw, that’s that New Age!

No, New Age is trying to do this; and they’d get somewhat results out of it because this is spiritual law, brother. (Believer’s Voice of Victory (television program), TBN, 28 March 1991.) (Online source)

And speaking of New Age, I’m afraid it gets even worse for those following Rob Bell.

In her piece Rob Bell Video: We Are Co-Creators With God over at Slice of Laodicea Ingrid Schlueter brings out a couple of other very important points:

Rob Bell begins his video with the same emotional storytelling that his other emerging peers like to use.

While there are still tears on the face of his readers,

he inserts something heretical

and wraps it all up with some devotional idea that nobody would argue with.

We participate with God in the creation of the world?

This is rank heresy that abounds in New Age teachings. The idea that we are co-creators with God is a key tenant of New Age belief.

We are all co-creators with God, they say. God needs us to carry his creation forward. (Online source)

That the teachings of Rob Bell and others in the Emergent Church would eventually begin to mirror those of New Age teachers really shouldn’t come as any surprise considering the voluminous amount of false teachers they personally read, quote from, and then recommend to their Emergent disciples.

Take for example Marcus Borg the heretical Christ-hating member of the spiritually bankrupt Jesus Seminar,

whose book The Heart of Christianity Bell enthusiastically recommends in Velvet Elvis (VE) [endnotes 1; 57]. And then there’s Ken Wilbur, who is on record telling us he’s:

a longtime practicing Buddhist, and many of the key ideas in my approach are Buddhist or Buddhist inspired.

First and foremost, Nagarjuna and Madhyamika philosophy: pure Emptiness and primordial purity is the “central philosophy” of my approach as well.

(Online source)

And yet right in his book VE itself Rob Bell heartily recommends the unbelieving Wilber to teach us his pagan view concerning “divine” creativity:

For a mind-blowing introduction to emergence theory and divine creativity, set aside three months and read Ken Wilber’s A Brief History of Everything. (192, endnote 143)

Well, no wonder Bell is revealing he knows so little idea about the creation of the universe.

Because the sad truth is, if one reads enough of these kinds of fools with their vacuous mystic meandering speculations about how they wish God, or “pure Emptiness,” might be then you’re bound to see your own teachings becoming corrupted. And sadly, such is the case of Rob Bell.

As far as the creation, as we close this for now, we turn to Dr. Henry Morris,

author of the classic devotional commentary The Genesis Record and the founder of the Institute for Creation Research.

In his article The Finished Works of Creation Morris, known by many as “the father of the modern creation-science movement”, says of our opening Scripture text above:

Here is a strong New Testament confirmation of the Genesis record of a creation completed in the past-thus not continuing in the present as theistic evolutionists have to assume. Whatever processes God may have used during the six days of creation, they are no longer in operation for “the heavens and the earth were finished, . . . on the seventh day God ended His work which He had made. . . .

And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it He had rested from all His work which God created and made” (Genesis 2:1-3).
          The record in Genesis could not be more clear and specific, but the fact that it is in Genesis tends to demean it in the minds of many scientists and theologians. So they prefer to believe in a continuing evolution and long ages in the past. But the writer of Hebrews once again confirms the fact of a completed creation: “For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from His” (Hebrews 4:10).

The writer is not trying to defend the completed creation as such, but merely assuming it as a commonly acknowledged truth.
          (Online source)
          See also:

Comment

“OPEN” CREATION OF ROB BELL

Now we who have believed enter that rest, just as God has said, “So I declared on oath in My anger, ‘'They shall never enter my rest.’ ” And yet His work has been finished since the creation of the world. For somewhere He has spoken about the seventh day in these words: “And on the seventh day God rested from all his work.” (Hebrews 4:3-4)

Rob Bell’s Growing Mystical Mythology Of Man

Below follows a partial transcription of “Open,” which is the latest Nooma video by Rob Bell of the emerging church.

In his effort to please people, it sure seems to me that Bell has now so far over-emphasized the humanity of Christ that he has all but lost His Deity in the process.

Those familiar with liberal theology can also tell you it would teach virtually the same thing as Bell does below;

right down to the idea that “Jesus took very seriously the creation poem Genesis that the Bible begins with.”

In “Open” Rob Bells tells us:

Now to understand why Jesus prays like this, we have to understand that Jesus took very seriously

the creation poem Genesis that the Bible begins with. And in this creation poem God creates, but God creates things that are capable of creating more, and so God creates trees but then gives trees the ability to create more.

God creates animals and plants and fish but then empowers them to create more. And then God creates people, and gives them the ability to create more.

So everything in creation is essentially unfinished, God leaves the world unfinished, and invites people to take part in the ongoing creation of the world. Now, when you create, you always run the risk that what you’ve created, won’t turn out how you wanted it to, it may go a different direction, it may not be everything you intended it to be. It may veer off course, and it may break your heart.

And so, this creative energy, this divine creative energy that brought everything into existence it takes great risk in creating, but at the same time it works in a very specific way. It brings order out of chaos, so the Genesis creation poem says that it was wild and waste, chaos and void, and out of this God began the endless process of bringing design and order and beauty.

So when Jesus prays, He’s tapping into this divine creative energy that made everything.

And so prayer, for Jesus, it was not this passive, acceptance of well, I guess this is just how its gonna be, and it wasn’t this active kind of rebellion against

I’ll dictate the future for Jesus prayer was being open to the God who’s at work here and now,

but to be open to the creative working of God in the world here and now you have to be honest ,

so when Jesus is saying things like is there any way for this cup to be taken so I don’t have

to drink it He’s being brutally honest with God, God I don’t really want to go through this.

Like it says in the book of Psalms chapter 13 where the writer says God, how long will, will you forget me forever, how long will you hide your face from me?

Jesus came from a long tradition of people who saw prayer as brutal honesty with God.

Some people think that half of the psalms were laments, people grieving and outpouring their anguish in times of great suffering and torment, people shaking their fist at God, challenging God, doubting with God, wrestling with God, questioning God.

Apprising Ministries wants you to know how critical it is to note that there’s a whole lot more going on here than Jesus taking the creation poem “seriously.” You see, Christ Jesus of Nazareth is our Creator Himself in human flesh, and as such, the Master is the One about Whom this historical account of the creation is poetically—and literally—speaking of:

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth... In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. (Genesis 1:1; John 1:1-3)

For our purposes here in this particular piece we will zero in on the idea that mankind is essentially co-creators with God, which Bell ends up advancing when he says:

everything in creation is essentially unfinished, God leaves the world unfinished, and invites people to take part in the ongoing creation of the world.

But make no mistake; the Jesus of the Bible is God. You are not God, and you cannot participate in creation in the sense used of our Lord. And in our text above we have already seen from the Bible that — His — Christ’s i.e. God’s — work — in creation — was finished since the creation of the world so He doesn’t need you to.

Harnessing “Creative Energy” To Create

It’s also interesting that Bell’s mythical man-centered musings about this so-called “creative energy” above is also very close to that of Word Faith cult leader Kenneth Copeland:

Words create pictures, and pictures in your mind create words. And then the words come back out your mouth....

And when that spiritual force comes out it is going to give substance to the image that’s on the inside of you. Aw, that’s that visualization stuff!

Aw, that’s that New Age!

No, New Age is trying to do this; and they’d get somewhat results out of it because this is spiritual law, brother. (Believer’s Voice of Victory (television program), TBN, 28 March 1991.) (Online source)

And speaking of New Age, I’m afraid it gets even worse for those following Rob Bell.

In her piece Rob Bell Video: We Are Co-Creators With God over at Slice of Laodicea Ingrid Schlueter brings out a couple of other very important points:

Rob Bell begins his video with the same emotional storytelling that his other emerging peers like to use.

While there are still tears on the face of his readers,

he inserts something heretical

and wraps it all up with some devotional idea that nobody would argue with.

We participate with God in the creation of the world?

This is rank heresy that abounds in New Age teachings. The idea that we are co-creators with God is a key tenant of New Age belief.

We are all co-creators with God, they say. God needs us to carry his creation forward. (Online source)

That the teachings of Rob Bell and others in the Emergent Church would eventually begin to mirror those of New Age teachers really shouldn’t come as any surprise considering the voluminous amount of false teachers they personally read, quote from, and then recommend to their Emergent disciples.

Take for example Marcus Borg the heretical Christ-hating member of the spiritually bankrupt Jesus Seminar,

whose book The Heart of Christianity Bell enthusiastically recommends in Velvet Elvis (VE) [endnotes 1; 57]. And then there’s Ken Wilbur, who is on record telling us he’s:

a longtime practicing Buddhist, and many of the key ideas in my approach are Buddhist or Buddhist inspired.

First and foremost, Nagarjuna and Madhyamika philosophy: pure Emptiness and primordial purity is the “central philosophy” of my approach as well.

(Online source)

And yet right in his book VE itself Rob Bell heartily recommends the unbelieving Wilber to teach us his pagan view concerning “divine” creativity:

For a mind-blowing introduction to emergence theory and divine creativity, set aside three months and read Ken Wilber’s A Brief History of Everything. (192, endnote 143)

Well, no wonder Bell is revealing he knows so little idea about the creation of the universe.

Because the sad truth is, if one reads enough of these kinds of fools with their vacuous mystic meandering speculations about how they wish God, or “pure Emptiness,” might be then you’re bound to see your own teachings becoming corrupted. And sadly, such is the case of Rob Bell.

As far as the creation, as we close this for now, we turn to Dr. Henry Morris,

author of the classic devotional commentary The Genesis Record and the founder of the Institute for Creation Research.

In his article The Finished Works of Creation Morris, known by many as “the father of the modern creation-science movement”, says of our opening Scripture text above:

Here is a strong New Testament confirmation of the Genesis record of a creation completed in the past-thus not continuing in the present as theistic evolutionists have to assume. Whatever processes God may have used during the six days of creation, they are no longer in operation for “the heavens and the earth were finished, . . . on the seventh day God ended His work which He had made. . . .

And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it He had rested from all His work which God created and made” (Genesis 2:1-3).
            The record in Genesis could not be more clear and specific, but the fact that it is in Genesis tends to demean it in the minds of many scientists and theologians. So they prefer to believe in a continuing evolution and long ages in the past. But the writer of Hebrews once again confirms the fact of a completed creation: “For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from His” (Hebrews 4:10).

The writer is not trying to defend the completed creation as such, but merely assuming it as a commonly acknowledged truth.
            (Online source)
            See also:

http://www.apprising.org/archives/20..._and_ne_1.html

ROB BELL AND NEW AGE GURU MARIANNE WILLIAMSON

Below here at Apprising Ministries you will see beyond a shadow of a doubt that emerging church pastor Rob Bell agrees with New Age priestess Marianne Williamson concerning the nature of man. The question that needs to be asked is: What kind of a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ could agree with the lie from the pit of Hell you'll see within? But it is this kind of lunacy in the Lord that we are getting leaders in the Emergent Church like the Elvis of Emergent Rob Bell.

You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:6-8)

Rob Bell Still Scratching Those Itching Ears

Emergent Church pastor Rob Bell went out on tour with his latest mythical mystic musing: The gods Aren’t Angry. In Emergent Church Pastor Rob Bell Recites the Mystic Mantra for the New Evangelical Religion of Man’s Love of Self I quote Bell himself as he says:

There is a greatness [in mankind]. The writer here [of Psalm 8] uses the word “glory and honor” that resides in every single human being. Fragile and yet filled with the potential for glory and honor. I love how Nelson Mandela puts it in one of his writings. He says, “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.”
            And then he concludes by saying, “Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. We were born to manifest the glory—put on display, to show—the glory of God that is within us.” He says, “you may be a dirt clod, but there is greatness and power and glory that resides in every singe human being.”
            (Week 330 05/29/05, audio sermon 12:27-13:28, transcription on file)
            Bell, in context, is absolutely not speaking about believers who are in Christ. He is clearly talking about all of mankind in general when he says, “There is a greatness...and glory...[in mankind].” As is the quote which Bell is referencing; the one he attributes to Nelson Mandela.

But this is simply not Christian theology—For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh (Romans 7:18, NASB). And lest we get caught up in some stupid new perspective [read: revisionist history] of Paul, here is Paul’s Creator Christ Jesus of Nazareth speaking to His own disciples—“If you, then, though you are evil” (Matthew 7:11).

Let’s get this straight once and for all: Prior to the new birth—which is a new regenerated nature wherein God then comes to dwell within—there is absolutely nothing worth redeeming in mankind. In point of fact, this is what the opening text is clearly telling us—Christ died for the ungodly. But the us in that text is the elect who are in Christ; it does not refer to mankind in general.

Unless One Is Elect In Christ They Are Not Indwelt By God

And before we roll off course, you can back up the anti-Calvinist hate wagon because even Arminians believe that there is an elect in Christ. We would differ on how they get there. But the problem with the many closet inclusivists and closet universalists now slithering around in postevangelicalism and the emerging church is they are teaching that at the Cross God already redeemed all of mankind.

That’s why there is such a corresponding de-emphasis on repentance and holiness within this Emergent rebellion against the Bible. I cover some of this further in a post from last year called Rob Bell Says “All-ee in Free...Almost”. Maybe after another year of seeing more and more people come under The Spell of Rob Bell you’ll listen now.

O, and that quote from “Nelson Mandela,” to which Rob Bell referred to above; well, it wasn’t really from Mandela at all. Indeed it was not, and it now follows in full from its original source. This lovely sentiment of self (see—2 Timothy 3:2) that so deeply moves “Christian” pastor Rob Bell actually comes from the occultic book A Return To Love: Reflections on the Principles of A COURSE IN MIRACLES by the Christ-hating New Age Guru Marianne Williamson:

‘our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us the most.’ We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, famous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world.

There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.

It’s not just some of us; it’s in everyone. And, as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

And as we’re liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

(190,191, emphasis mine)
            Now if you are under the spell of Bell then I admonish you in the Lord to ask yourself this critical question:

What kind of a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ could agree with that above lie from the pit of Hell?

But it is this kind of lunacy in the Lord that we are getting leaders in the Emergent Church like the Elvis of Emergent Rob Bell.

Men and women right now, these Emergent Hollow Men like Bell and his mystic mentor Brian McLaren are leading your kids into doubt where there IS no doubt. And if I were you evangelical parents I’d take a good long look at this passage from God’s Word:

Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts.

Impress them on your children.

Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates. (Deuteronomy 6:5-9)

As you are now responsible for allowing these counterfeit Christian teachings from this emerging church cult of a new postliberal theology to spread their poison within the mainstream of the evangelical community by letting them teach your kids. Hear this; and you hear it good: This spiritual cyanide will kill evangelicalism just as dead as the poison from the original Cult of Liberal Theology—their evil parents—did the mainline denominations.

And of this there is no mystery...

See also:

ROB BELL IN A NUTSHELL: CONTEMPLATIVE MYSTICISM

ROB BELL: MEET YOUR SPIRITUAL FATHER

ROB BELL, YOGA MASTERS AND JESUS?

ROB BELL AND KARL BARTH

---------------------------------------------------------------

2 Timothy 4:3-4

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Comment

• My daughter went on a church retreat this past Saturday, and they were shown some videos, two of which were Rob Bell's. I thought they were just preparing for their confirmation/affirmation, i.e. discussion. Stupid me, I should have asked specifically what they were going to do. Well, that's just another check on the "con" side of the list "Should I Stay or Should I Leave This Church?" It is ELCA, btw.

Comment

• I left because of Rob Bell's video's in my church, and child's youth group, its usually just the beginning of a large rats nest, which I later found out it was worse then I had realized but was not privy to the nastyness of the politics.

Maggots grow in garbage, get your children out of it before they begin to like the smell of garbage.

Comment

• Originally posted by fishersofmen View Post
                  I left because of Rob Bell's video's in my church, and child's youth group, its usually just the beginning of a large rats nest, which I later found out it was worse then I had realized but was not privy to the nastyness of the politics.

Maggots grow in garbage, get your children out of it before they begin to like the smell of garbage.
                  Yes, I will be, which is a shame because I taught Sunday School for 13 years at this church. The Family and Youth Minister has no idea who Rob Bell is, yet the videos are starting to be shown to the youth (of whom she has repsonsibility). What a bunch of bunk. The only reason I am still there (tenuously) is because my daughter confirms in two months.

Comment

• Rob Bell equals 2 Timothy 4:3-4

Comment

• Originally posted by Sing4Him
                      ROB BELL AND NEW AGE GURU MARIANNE WILLIAMSON

Below here at Apprising Ministries you will see beyond a shadow of a doubt that emerging church pastor Rob Bell agrees with New Age priestess Marianne Williamson concerning the nature of man. The question that needs to be asked is: What kind of a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ could agree with the lie from the pit of Hell you'll see within? But it is this kind of lunacy in the Lord that we are getting leaders in the Emergent Church like the Elvis of Emergent Rob Bell.

You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:6-8)

Rob Bell Still Scratching Those Itching Ears

Emergent Church pastor Rob Bell went out on tour with his latest mythical mystic musing: The gods Aren’t Angry. In Emergent Church Pastor Rob Bell Recites the Mystic Mantra for the New Evangelical Religion of Man’s Love of Self I quote Bell himself as he says:

There is a greatness [in mankind]. The writer here [of Psalm 8] uses the word “glory and honor” that resides in every single human being. Fragile and yet filled with the potential for glory and honor. I love how Nelson Mandela puts it in one of his writings. He says, “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.”
                      And then he concludes by saying, “Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. We were born to manifest the glory—put on display, to show—the glory of God that is within us.” He says, “you may be a dirt clod, but there is greatness and power and glory that resides in every singe human being.” (Week 330 05/29/05, audio sermon 12:27-13:28, transcription on file)
                      Bell, in context, is absolutely not speaking about believers who are in Christ. He is clearly talking about all of mankind in general when he says, “There is a greatness...and glory...[in mankind].” As is the quote which Bell is referencing; the one he attributes to Nelson Mandela.

But this is simply not Christian theology—For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh (Romans 7:18, NASB). And lest we get caught up in some stupid new perspective [read: revisionist history] of Paul, here is Paul’s Creator Christ Jesus of Nazareth speaking to His own disciples—“If you, then, though you are evil” (Matthew 7:11).

Let’s get this straight once and for all: Prior to the new birth—which is a new regenerated nature wherein God then comes to dwell within—there is absolutely nothing worth redeeming in mankind. In point of fact, this is what the opening text is clearly telling us—Christ died for the ungodly. But the us in that text is the elect who are in Christ; it does not refer to mankind in general.

Unless One Is Elect In Christ They Are Not Indwelt By God

And before we roll off course, you can back up the anti-Calvinist hate wagon because even Arminians believe that there is an elect in Christ. We would differ on how they get there. But the problem with the many closet inclusivists and closet universalists now slithering around in postevangelicalism and the emerging church is they are teaching that at the Cross God already redeemed all of mankind.

That’s why there is such a corresponding de-emphasis on repentance and holiness within this Emergent rebellion against the Bible. I cover some of this further in a post from last year called Rob Bell Says “All-ee in Free...Almost”. Maybe after another year of seeing more and more people come under The Spell of Rob Bell you’ll listen now.

O, and that quote from “Nelson Mandela,” to which Rob Bell referred to above; well, it wasn’t really from Mandela at all. Indeed it was not, and it now follows in full from its original source. This lovely sentiment of self (see—2 Timothy 3:2) that so deeply moves “Christian” pastor Rob Bell actually comes from the occultic book A Return To Love: Reflections on the Principles of A COURSE IN MIRACLES by the Christ-hating New Age Guru Marianne Williamson:

‘our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us the most.’ We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, famous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world.
                      There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just some of us; it’s in everyone. And, as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. And as we’re liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. (190,191, emphasis mine)
                      Now if you are under the spell of Bell then I admonish you in the Lord to ask yourself this critical question: What kind of a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ could agree with that above lie from the pit of Hell? But it is this kind of lunacy in the Lord that we are getting leaders in the Emergent Church like the Elvis of Emergent Rob Bell.

Men and women right now, these Emergent Hollow Men like Bell and his mystic mentor Brian McLaren are leading your kids into doubt where there IS no doubt. And if I were you evangelical parents I’d take a good long look at this passage from God’s Word:

Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates. (Deuteronomy 6:5-9)
                      As you are now responsible for allowing these counterfeit Christian teachings from this emerging church cult of a new postliberal theology to spread their poison within the mainstream of the evangelical community by letting them teach your kids. Hear this; and you hear it good: This spiritual cyanide will kill evangelicalism just as dead as the poison from the original Cult of Liberal Theology—their evil parents—did the mainline denominations.

And of this there is no mystery...

http://www.sliceoflaodicea.com/?p=433

Rob Bell Quoted Marianne Williamson, But Who Knew?

Apprising ministries has a piece posted yesterday that addresses Rob Bell’s stealth quoting of New Ager Marianne Williamson. This is so outrageous that it bears emphasis and repeating. Why did Rob Bell quote Marianne Williamson from her book, A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of “A Course in Miracles” and then attribute the quote to Nelson Mandela? Why would the rank heresy of his statement not have caused a general insurrection in his church? Why are evangelical pastors not catching this and do they even care? If your church uses Nooma videos, go ask your pastor about this. Does he believe what Marianne Williamson and Bell are teaching?

Here is Bell’s quote.

And then he concludes by saying, “Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. We were born to manifest the glory—put on display, to show—the glory of God that is within us.” He says, “you may be a dirt clod, but there is greatness and power and glory that resides in every singe human being.”
                      (Week 330 05/29/05, audio sermon 12:27-13:28, transcription on file)

But wait a minute. What did Nelson Mandela supposedly say? “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.”

No, no, Rob. That wasn’t Nelson Mandela at all. That was New Age high priestess Marianne Williamson. You lifted it right off the pages of her book A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of “A Course in Miracles“.

There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just some of us; it’s in everyone. And, as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. And as we’re liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. (190,191, emphasis mine)

Rob Bell is sending the doctrines of demons right down the pipeline into conservative evangelical churches through his books and Nooma videos.

Just be aware that when he quotes someone that sounds dodgy theologically, he may be quoting a New Age heretic.

http://www.sliceoflaodicea.com/?p=433

Comment

• Originally posted by fishersofmen View Post
                        I left because of Rob Bell's video's in my church, and child's youth group, its usually just the beginning of a large rats nest, which I later found out it was worse then I had realized but was not privy to the nastyness of the politics.

http://christianresearchnetwork.com/?p=4641

The Right Way to Answer Rob Bell and Members of his Fan Club
                        Published March 5th, 2008 by Editor

in
                        Judge Not!, Rob Bell, Scriptural Authority, Seeker Sensitive

The following two videos in the link below provide 1) a member of Rob Bell’s fan club

addressing a certain Bullwhip Guy video that was made a while ago and his problems with it and 2) one of the people who created the Bullwhip Guy video

responding to the claims brought up by Bell’s proponent in the first video.

http://lanechaplin.blogspot.com/2008...-bell-and.html

The thing that may strike you the most about each response is what each person appeals to for their argument. One appeals to Scripture and the other appeals to… well…

Click here to watch the two videos and the link to the Bullwhip Guy Video. The Bullwhip Guy creator answers many of the objections proponents of Rob Bell and the majority of the other emergents and "seeker" sensitives often bring up including, "We shouldn’t judge this brother…" and "We need to meet personally with so and so to know his heart…" He shows how ridiculous these assertions are by appealing to Scripture.

http://christianresearchnetwork.com/?p=4641

Comment

Rob Bell equals 2 Timothy 4:3-4
                          http://www.apprising.org/archives/20...g_lies_of.html

PURGING LIES OF ROB BELL
                          Through his Nooma videos the emerging church icon Rob Bell continues to rise in man-centered and apostatizing evangelicalism despite warning from Apprising Ministries, and even 9 Marks.

Now I grant that AM might be considered controversial by some. However, when Greg Gilbert from 9 Marks gives you the three part Scoop’a on Nooma exposing the various errors of Bell within these spiritual time-bombs then the time has come for evangelical pastors to quit their lust for unity and do some serious discernment before exposing their flocks any further to the mystic musings of Rob Bell.

The Lord be praised for people who are heeding the warnings like this AM Reader below who sent this email, which is published with their permission:

Pastor Silva,
                          There was a time that I loved hating your articles. Especially those pertaining to the teachings of Rob Bell. The past two years have been the greatest thus far in my walk with the Lord. I read “VE” two years ago...and the Holy Spirit began to stir me. The Lord planted two seeds in my heart at that time: 1. There is so much more going on in My Word than you ever imagined...READ IT! 2. There is sin...deeply rooted sin...in your life that you need to deal with.
                          The Lord has more recently made me aware of the fact that there were other seeds planted as well when I read VE, Sex God, and Mere Christianity, watched NOOMA videos, and listened to Mars Hill sermons and Mosaic Church sermons...and they were not His seeds. Through the word of God, through the direction of the Holy Spirit, through His use of obedient believers such as yourself...God is purging me of the lies that I ingested over the past 2 years. He also continues to confirm His truth as I daily read His word.
                          Thank you
                          In Him,
                          AM Reader

Comment

PURGING LIES OF ROB BELL
                            Through his Nooma videos the emerging church icon Rob Bell continues to rise in man-centered and apostatizing evangelicalism despite warning from Apprising Ministries, and even 9 Marks.

Now I grant that AM might be considered controversial by some. However, when Greg Gilbert from 9 Marks gives you the three part Scoop’a on Nooma exposing the various errors of Bell within these spiritual time-bombs then the time has come for evangelical pastors to quit their lust for unity and do some serious discernment before exposing their flocks any further to the mystic musings of Rob Bell.

The Lord be praised for people who are heeding the warnings like this AM Reader below who sent this email, which is published with their permission:

Pastor Silva,
                            There was a time that I loved hating your articles. Especially those pertaining to the teachings of Rob Bell. The past two years have been the greatest thus far in my walk with the Lord. I read “VE” two years ago...and the Holy Spirit began to stir me. The Lord planted two seeds in my heart at that time: 1. There is so much more going on in My Word than you ever imagined...READ IT! 2. There is sin...deeply rooted sin...in your life that you need to deal with.
                            The Lord has more recently made me aware of the fact that there were other seeds planted as well when I read VE, Sex God, and Mere Christianity, watched NOOMA videos, and listened to Mars Hill sermons and Mosaic Church sermons...and they were not His seeds. Through the word of God, through the direction of the Holy Spirit, through His use of obedient believers such as yourself...God is purging me of the lies that I ingested over the past 2 years. He also continues to confirm His truth as I daily read His word.
                            Thank you
                            In Him,
                            AM Reader

-----------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.christianworldviewnetwork...grid_Schlueter

“In the yogic tradition, the breath is intimately associated with prana, a Sanskrit term that means “primordial impulse” or “life force” . . . the vital energy that animates every molecule in the universe. Pranayama – the formal practice of regulating the breath – allows us to calm, cleanse, or invigorate our bodymind. In fact, many master yogis believe that pranayama is the essence of yoga. There are many pranayama techniques you can use to enhance your physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being. One of the most valuable practices is simply staying conscious of your breath as you practice your yoga postures. By focusing on the breath, the mind becomes more clear and quiet.”

–Deepak Chopra, in the February, 2008 edition of his Namaste Newsletter.

“[In Yoga] it’s not how flexible you are, it’s not whether you can do the poses, it’s not how much you can bend yourself, it’s can you keep your breath [breathes in and out] consistent [breathes out] through whatever you are doing.

And the Yoga Masters say this is how it is when you follow Jesus and surrender to God. If it’s your breath being consistent, It’s your connection with God regardless of the pose you find yourself in. That’s integrating the divine into the daily.”

–Rob Bell, in a sermon entitled, “Breathe”. You can hear the MP3 here. The quote is about 3/4ths of the way through.

“Is the name of God the sound of breathing?”

–Rob Bell from his Nooma video, “Breathe”

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...62595934098105

Comment

-----------------------------------------------------------------

“In the yogic tradition, the breath is intimately associated with prana, a Sanskrit term that means “primordial impulse” or “life force” . . . the vital energy that animates every molecule in the universe. Pranayama – the formal practice of regulating the breath – allows us to calm, cleanse, or invigorate our bodymind. In fact, many master yogis believe that pranayama is the essence of yoga. There are many pranayama techniques you can use to enhance your physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being. One of the most valuable practices is simply staying conscious of your breath as you practice your yoga postures. By focusing on the breath, the mind becomes more clear and quiet.”

–Deepak Chopra, in the February, 2008 edition of his Namaste Newsletter.

“[In Yoga] it’s not how flexible you are, it’s not whether you can do the poses, it’s not how much you can bend yourself, it’s can you keep your breath [breathes in and out] consistent [breathes out] through whatever you are doing.

And the Yoga Masters say this is how it is when you follow Jesus and surrender to God. If it’s your breath being consistent, It’s your connection with God regardless of the pose you find yourself in. That’s integrating the divine into the daily.”

–Rob Bell, in a sermon entitled, “Breathe”. You can hear the MP3 here. The quote is about 3/4ths of the way through.

“Is the name of God the sound of breathing?”

–Rob Bell from his Nooma video, “Breathe”

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...62595934098105

http://www.sliceoflaodicea.com/?p=460

“SelfCentered Tour” Introduces Meditation to Young People

Apostasy Alert, Emerging Church, New Spirituality

While on a New Spirituality website yesterday, I noticed this “SelfCentered Tour” was promoted as a global way to introduce meditation to young people. Meditation is the common link to the New Spirituality —from Rob Bell’s church to all of the world religions. Here’s the video:

http://www.sliceoflaodicea.com/?p=460

Comment

Bill Muehlenberg review of Rob Bell and his Vintage Elvis

http://www.christianworldviewnetwork...ll_Muehlenberg

http://www.sliceoflaodicea.com/?p=465

Bob DeWaay Biblically Critiques Rob Bell’s Velvet Elvis

Emerging Church, New Spirituality, Sound Doctrine, True Church

Bob DeWaay’s critique of Velvet Elvis is a must-read for those who are concerned by the teachings celebrity author and emerging guru,

Rob Bell, is spreading.

I love Bob’s opening salvo:

The literal “Velvet Elvis” is a particular portrayal of velvet-crafted Elvis Presley that Bell owns.

The artwork serves Bell’s book as an analogy to the Christian faith.

Bell claims that all versions of Christianity are paintings or portrayals, just as his velvet Elvis is a portrayal of Elvis.

Since that version of Elvis is not the only one ever created, it would be just as absurd to expect there to be only one “painting” of Christianity—it can be viewed and captured from many angles. Bell’s book fashions one for his readers.

The problem with the analogy is that an actual Elvis lived and still can be seen in photos and on videos and thus can serve as an objective standard by which to judge artistic portrayals of Elvis.

Someone could use abstract art that employed a collage of images that bear no resemblance to a human being

and call it “Elvis” but everyone would know it was not Elvis…

http://www.sliceoflaodicea.com/?p=465

Comment

Working...
                                X