Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Modern Signatures!

http://www.spurgeon.org/~phil/posters.htm

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

"I do not seek to understand that I may believe, but I believe that I may understand: for this I also believe, that unless I believe I will not understand." --Anselm of Canterbury

Hebrews 12:3-4
    For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls. You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin.

Comment

Those were funny, except they were true, and then it wasn't so funny.

Comment

Wow. Those were pretty clever.
        The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
        Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
        (Psa 19:1b-2)

Comment

Originally posted by Cherished View Post
          Those were funny, except they were true, and then it wasn't so funny.
          true
          it's bittersweet but might wake a few up, maybe?

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
          Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
          Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzardhut View Post
            true
            Maybe? Pray it's so!

Comment

true
              I hope so. I know reading a couple of those caused me to stop and examine myself.
              "I do not seek to understand that I may believe, but I believe that I may understand: for this I also believe, that unless I believe I will not understand." --Anselm of Canterbury

Hebrews 12:3-4
              For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls. You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin.

Comment

Very thought provoking!

Comment

true
                  I surely hope.

Comment

the unity one is for sure right cause the purpose-driven and emergent types

love using on those who believe in sound doctrine

I have heard christians accuse me of being anti-unity cause I am using Discernment

the spicy talk one is true about driscoll and other song of solomon obsessed pastors

a lot of the others are true also sadly

those signatures best represent how wrong the

seeker-friendly and emergent and purpose driven churches are
                    For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

Comment

Good posters!

It is interesting, but not surprising, that from the time theology became naturalistic, it has tended simply to follow the curve of secular naturalism. It really says nothing different from the surrounding consensus; whatever the surrounding nontheological consensus is, theological liberalism has conformed to it. If we were to draw a graph giving the curve of the shifting secular naturalistic consensus in red ink and then the teaching of liberal theology in green ink, we would find almost identical curves, with the theological liberalism simply following a few years later and using religious terms instead of secular ones. Liberal theology uses different terminology, and yet says the same thing just a short time later. It has a naturalistic perspective that is totally opposite from the perspective of historic Christianity and the Bible.
                      (Francis A. Schaeffer, The Church Before the Watching World, Ch. 1)

Unless we see the new liberalism as a whole and reject it as a whole, we will, to the extent that we are tolerant of it, be confused in our thinking, involved in the general intellectual irrationalism of our day and compromising in our actions.
                      (Francis A. Schaeffer, The Church Before the Watching World, Ch. 1)

Comment

I liked this one.

Comment

my fav was the

the missional one

cause I thought it was right on about the emergent church

and many of the seeker-friendly and purpose driven churches that are missional
                          For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

Comment

Thanks for the link, Buzz! I've seen a lot of these on Tim Wirth's concernednazarenes.org

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X