No announcement yet.

Missionaries Into Darkest Alcoholics Anonymous

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The A.A. cofounders, Dr. Bob Smith and Bill Wilson, were not Christians. So much has been written about so-called Christian influence in early A.A., yet the man who wrote the 12 Steps, well, he was given the Steps by a demonic spirit.

According to early A.A. member Tom Powers, "Now these people, Bill and Dr. Bob, believed vigorously and agressively. They were working away at the spiritualism; it was not just a hobby." From PASS IT ON, pg. 280

In PASS IT ON, the official A.A. biography of A.A. cofounder Bill Wilson, Wilson describes one of his many experiences: "The ouija board got moving in earnest. What followed was the [B]fairly usual experience-it was a strange melange of Aristotle, St. Francis, diverse archangels with odd names, deceased friends--some in purgatory, and others doing nicely thank you! There were malign and mischievious ones of all descriptions, telling of vices quite beyond my ken, even as former alcoholics." (pg.278)

The origin of A.A. is a mud pie with ingredients ranging from spiritualism to Swedenborgianism to the New Thought heresy of Emmet Fox to the swiss cheese theology of the Oxford Group.

“As for the person who turns to mediums and spiritists, to play the harlot after them, I will also set My Face against that person and will cut him off from his people.” (Leviticus 20:6)

Comment

Originally posted by YOURS TRULY View Post
      Thank you... My deceased father went to AA for many years...He fell many times back into alcoholism and his actions or words never led to the knowledge of our Savior.
      I'm sorry to hear that.

I have a friend, an old friend, who's a recovering alcoholic. He fell for the universal god they promote. He's a nice guy, but he's deceived. He believes in diversity and no one is wrong...everything is good in its own way. Live and let live and let's all get along. He has no need to accept Jesus, because he doesn't realize he's lost. God is universal and loving and all you need to do is not be a bad person. He goes to his meetings for spiritual support and he's as lost as a goose. A very nice man with no understanding of the true God.

Comment

It has taken me three days to get the courage up to actually reply to this thread, I am on this message board ALL the time, but what happened to me in treatment and in NA has made me afraid to post because I don't anyone to respond negatively to me, which wouldn't happen because I hold all the same views as everyone here, but here's what happened, I was addicted to drugs for almost twenty years, in 2002 i went to prison for 8 months and I was saved, it was the happiest time of my life, I cried the day I got out, I didn't want to leave. I was immediately drawn to prophecy in prison. I got out but didn't have a solid foundation in the Lord and went back to using until Nov 18 2006. On that day I had just bought my "bag" but two hours later
        with almost a full "bag" I knew I was done. I wasn't in trouble, life actually was good, but I was done. I drove over to someone house that I knew was clean and said I wanted to be clean, so I stayed there three days and then we drove back to my house and dumped my drugs in the driveway. I went home to my mom's and said I was done with drugs.I turned my life over to the Lord because I knew that's why this was happening. NO WITHDRAWELS, NO NOTHING,AMEN. So I wanted to do things right and I went to treatment. I had to do a recovery plan, which was simply GOD. They would not accept that and told me not to mention Jesus in class it has to be higher power. After the third time of getting in trouble for that I said I had to go because I will never deny the name of my Lord and Saviour. They let me know how sick I was. I left anyway...still clean. So I got home and decided I should attend meetings and always spoke of Jesus, I got in trouble but not like the third and final meeting I went to....I really did it then, I told them I was not recovering I was delivered!!!!!!! I got in so much trouble from the old timers who in no uncertain terms told me I was not and that I was a newcomer therefore I needed to keep my mouth shut and just listen and learn and never say Jesus in a meeting again because that offends people. I was crying so bad they had humiliated me in front of everyone . I left and never returned only to be delivered still to this day!!!! You guys are the only friends I have and I always want to post but never get the courage , but I have always prayed that I would start fellowshiping with everyone before the rapture. So whether we are raptured today or ten years from now I did it. Praise the Lord

Comment

God is with you

Barbi21021,
          I am thanking Christ our King that you are so brave. You are not alone. You are not the only one who has been spiritually/verbally/emotionally abused by the A.A. religion. You are not the only one at an A.A. meeting who has been told "never say Jesus in a meeting again because that offends people."

I am so encouraged. Thank you so much. Are you in a Bible believing church? And Barbi21021, no matter how you may feel, you are not alone. Not by a long shot.

So he answered, "Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them." Then Elisha prayed and said, "O Lord, I pray, open his eyes that he may see." And the Lord opened the servant's eyes and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. (2 Kings 6:16-17)

I believe the Lord is calling his people not just out of A.A., but out of the 12 Steps, whether supposedly Christian or not. You are ahead of the curve.

I am going to use your testimony on my blog www.mywordlikefire.wordpress.com, if that is okay. You can find information there about the anti-Biblical origin and nature of A.A. and the 12 Steps.

God bless you sister. The Lord has blessed me today with the courage and power of your testimony.

Comment

Barbi ~ welcome, welcome, WELCOME. What an amazing testimony you are to the glory of our Lord and Savior...our DELIVERER.

Thank you so very much for your bravery and boldness in sharing your story. I have no doubt, not one, that God won't use the salvation He gave you to speak the Truth to so many who are floundering in the vapid wasteland of self-help God-denying 'helpers' who are actually keeping others from the deliverance that ONLY Jesus Christ has provided.

God bless you, sister, for holding up the name of Jesus Christ to those lost people. You will be (and have already been, I'm sure) richly rewarded for standing firm in the face of ridicule and mockery. Isn't it amazing how the so-called 'goodness' of people without Christ breaks down and evaporates when His mighty name is proclaimed.

I look forward to getting to know you a bit better and hope you will contribute here more often.

Comment

It's why the vast majority of people are never helped by AA. Those who remain have fully assimilated the religious aspect of 12 Step program.

However, I can't say an AA meeting or two has totally hurt anybody either.

Comment

I sit here with tears rolling down my face. Feeling frustrated I just got done writing a long post and poof it disappeared. I take care of my father who has been abusive to me my whole life in every way , but he has no one except me and my children. I started taking care of him in 2007 because he was a severe alcoholic and could not care for himself, he suffered a stoke in aug of 2008 which left him sober but totally dependent for his every need. He hates me and tells me all the time, he makes life very hard as he is very mean but I long to bring him to the Lord, he lets me read the bible every once in awhile to him, then he turns on me again... he actually let me take him to a prophecy seminar last week but i had to leave after an hour because he couldn't handle it. He is very oppressed. I can't go to church because he needs 24 hour care. I listen to sermons online and I am here All the time. My love for you all is very deep and my love for the Lord neverending as He carries me second by second throughout the day as I can't do this on my own. The weight of the world feels as if it has been lifted by all your responses. Feel free to use my testimony. I love you all. Thank you Jesus!!

Comment

People Will Be Praying

We love you. May the Lord make it possible for you to attend a church, Wednesdays or Sundays or however He opens it for you. I have missed way too much myself. Thank you for clearly stating what is difficult in your life.

Now you have praying saints at your side.

Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us. (Romans 8:34)

Comment

Barbi, I, too, will hold you in my prayers...that God will reveal Jesus to your father, and that you will continue to receive exactly the amount of grace necessary to sustain you day by day.

I come here for Christian fellowship and companionship...I hope you will find this board an oasis of brotherly love and godly support as you deal with the difficulties of your circumstances.

Comment

How involved was A.A. cofounder with spiritualism?

Author and A.A. apologist Dick B. has written of Wilson's spiritualism, but gives it no emphasis as a factor in the origin of either A.A. or the 12 Steps.

Writer Matthew J. Raphael is far less coy. A member of Alcoholics Anonymous himself, Raphael observes, "it might be said for the cofounders at least, A.A. was entangled with spiritualism from the very beginning."[5]

Raphael explains, "Wilson himself seems to have been an 'adept,' that is, 'gifted' in the psychic sense; and he served as a medium for a variety of 'controls,' some of them recurrent. 'Controls,' in the lingo of spiritualism, are the discarnate entities who seem to usurp a medium's identity and literally speak through him or (far more usually) her. Sometimes a control answers questions; sometimes a spirit seems to materialize."[6]

Entire Article here: http://www.worldviewtimes.com/articl...e/John-Lanagan

Comment

AA has been beaten, torn at, misrepresented, and distorted beyond reason here at RR.

The primary purpose of AA is to help those suffering from alcoholism to recover. The approach to this recovery is spiritual in nature. There is direct talk of "GOD", faith of one's childhood, and surrendering.

Please do not take the warped views and application of the AA program of recovery and bind them with the whole of AA anymore than you would an apostate church with the whole of the body of Christ.

It has been my privilege and experience to be in contact with more souls that have been delivered from alcoholism through the AA fellowship than I have with those in the Christian church.

I would truly encourage anyone who voices an opposition against AA and its principles, to review, rather study the literature, attend a years worth of meetings, and become actively involved. You need not have an addiction to alcohol, be relative, I am quite certain in all of us there is something we can substitute for alcohol, that wold produce the same result.

I am willing to dialogue with anyone on this particular issue. Dialogue, not argue. If anyone wants to know more or is curious about drug and alcohol addiction education, let me know, I will be more than happy to help out.

And as always, I pray for both sides of this issue that the division between would find some common ground.

Truth be told, the "church" could use agood dose of it's members practicing the 12 steps in everyday life.

Comment

I am willing to dialogue with anyone on this particular issue. Dialogue, not argue.
                          That's exactly what this thread is about ~ dialog. I've seen no argument.

Perhaps you might want to respond to the dialog already presented, instead of coming in disputing the other posters yet ignoring what has already been said. The dialog began on Post #1. If you are sincere in your wish to engage in conversation, how about directly addressing what's been said so far?

Comment

Patientlywaiting ~ I would give you much more credence if you addressed the heartfelt experience of Barbi, who was in the program and actually has firsthand knowledge to speak of it. Are you disregarding what she experienced?

Mine is only an opinion on AA, as I've never attended it. But Barbi has, and what she wrote deserves a response before you nonchalantly disregard her story. That's how I see it, anyway.

Originally posted by barbi21021 View Post
                            It has taken me three days to get the courage up to actually reply to this thread, I am on this message board ALL the time, but what happened to me in treatment and in NA has made me afraid to post because I don't anyone to respond negatively to me, which wouldn't happen because I hold all the same views as everyone here, but here's what happened, I was addicted to drugs for almost twenty years, in 2002 i went to prison for 8 months and I was saved, it was the happiest time of my life, I cried the day I got out, I didn't want to leave. I was immediately drawn to prophecy in prison. I got out but didn't have a solid foundation in the Lord and went back to using until Nov 18 2006. On that day I had just bought my "bag" but two hours later
                            with almost a full "bag" I knew I was done. I wasn't in trouble, life actually was good, but I was done. I drove over to someone house that I knew was clean and said I wanted to be clean, so I stayed there three days and then we drove back to my house and dumped my drugs in the driveway. I went home to my mom's and said I was done with drugs.I turned my life over to the Lord because I knew that's why this was happening. NO WITHDRAWELS, NO NOTHING,AMEN. So I wanted to do things right and I went to treatment. I had to do a recovery plan, which was simply GOD. They would not accept that and told me not to mention Jesus in class it has to be higher power. After the third time of getting in trouble for that I said I had to go because I will never deny the name of my Lord and Saviour. They let me know how sick I was. I left anyway...still clean. So I got home and decided I should attend meetings and always spoke of Jesus, I got in trouble but not like the third and final meeting I went to....I really did it then, I told them I was not recovering I was delivered!!!!!!! I got in so much trouble from the old timers who in no uncertain terms told me I was not and that I was a newcomer therefore I needed to keep my mouth shut and just listen and learn and never say Jesus in a meeting again because that offends people. I was crying so bad they had humiliated me in front of everyone . I left and never returned only to be delivered still to this day!!!! You guys are the only friends I have and I always want to post but never get the courage , but I have always prayed that I would start fellowshiping with everyone before the rapture. So whether we are raptured today or ten years from now I did it. Praise the Lord

Comment

I believe there have been a minority that have had enough experience with AA to learn their lesson, so to speak. There are many many more who are only going through the motions of a court order or fulfilling some punishment and wouldn't respond to anything. On the other hand, this idea that you must endlessly attend these meetings somehow sparks something in another segment of these folks and the crafted, oft repeated lingo becomes their 'scripture'. The "Higher Power" concept is bankrupt on it's face. Someone who has attended these meetings for 10, 15 and 20 years is dedicated to the AA RELIGION, and AA itself as the Higher Power.

Comment

Originally posted by patientlywaiting View Post
                                AA has been beaten, torn at, misrepresented, and distorted beyond reason here at RR.

The primary purpose of AA is to help those suffering from alcoholism to recover. The approach to this recovery is spiritual in nature. There is direct talk of "GOD", faith of one's childhood, and surrendering.

Please do not take the warped views and application of the AA program of recovery and bind them with the whole of AA anymore than you would an apostate church with the whole of the body of Christ.

It has been my privilege and experience to be in contact with more souls that have been delivered from alcoholism through the AA fellowship than I have with those in the Christian church.

I would truly encourage anyone who voices an opposition against AA and its principles, to review, rather study the literature, attend a years worth of meetings, and become actively involved. You need not have an addiction to alcohol, be relative, I am quite certain in all of us there is something we can substitute for alcohol, that wold produce the same result.

I am willing to dialogue with anyone on this particular issue. Dialogue, not argue. If anyone wants to know more or is curious about drug and alcohol addiction education, let me know, I will be more than happy to help out.

And as always, I pray for both sides of this issue that the division between would find some common ground.
                                No offense, but I do not need to sit in a years worth of meetings to realize
                                that AA does not acknowledge the one and only True God Jesus Christ. If the
                                Program does not acknowledge Jesus Christ as the One and Only true savior
                                who has come in the flesh then it is Antichrist. You can not deny the fact
                                that they put Jesus Christ in the same category as any and every so called
                                "god" and deny SIN as the problem of drunkenness. The 12 steps can not
                                save and does not save, whether one "beats" the so called illness of
                                drunkenness through the 12 steps they will still end up in Hell if they do not
                                repent and come to the Lord.

Truth be told, the "church" could use agood dose of it's members practicing the 12 steps in everyday life.
                                Are you talking about the body of Christ or the 501c3 church? Either way,
                                the 12 steps does not mention JESUS CHRIST and we should be following and
                                practicing what the Bible teaches not the 12 steps or any other
                                program/religion.

Btw I have also suffered from Drunkeness and through Christ, have never had
                                a problem again. I do not and never had withdrawals after coming to Christ,
                                have not and do not want another Drink.

Comment

Working...
                                X