The DaVinci Code

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knights Templar win heresy reprieve after 700 years

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - The Knights Templar, the medieval Christian military order accused of heresy and sexual misconduct, will soon be partly rehabilitated when the Vatican publishes trial documents it had closely guarded for 700 years.
    By Philip Pullella Thu Oct 11, 8:21 PM ET

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071012/...RZ9HfWF4ln.3QA

Comment

Whoa! Very interesting and timely development.
      :shifty

Comment

Originally posted by StarryEyedLad View Post
        INDEED !! This could be huge.

Comment

Okay, I know some of the history behind the Templars, but what does this have to do with anything now? Could you explain what this means.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Lady View Post
            Okay, I know some of the history behind the Templars, but what does this have to do with anything now? Could you explain what this means.
            DaVinci Code stuff?

The timing is a bit curious.
            The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
            Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
            (Psa 19:1b-2)

Comment

I just read about this.. Wish I could afford a copy of the book. Looks like a good read

Comment

What is the significance of this?

It only looks like the RCC is saying "hey we are sorry for calling you guys homosexuals and heretics, oh and we are also sorry about stealing all of your wealth and killing so many of you.......our bad". The RCC has to issue statements like this every so often, just a few years ago they apologized to Galileo.

Comment

Originally posted by The Learner View Post

It only looks like the RCC is saying "hey we are sorry for calling you guys homosexuals and heretics, oh and we are also sorry about stealing all of your wealth and killing so many of you.......our bad". The RCC has to issue statements like this every so often, just a few years ago they apologized to Galileo.
                  And all the other things that either RCC actually did, or turned a blind eye too. Who are they trying to mend fences with now?

Comment

OK, the Knights Templar have been the subject of much speculation and rumors over the years. Conspiracy theory, you know? Google it and you'll see all kinds of crazy mess comes up. A lot of this is not pretty stuff to read. But you sift through it and you'll find some interesting stuff.

The interesting part of this whole thing is the timing of the Roman Catholic Church's revealing these papers, in view of recent events involving the steps toward the New World Order and the One World Religion. A lot of it depends on whether or not you put any stock in these ideas at all.

I would say more but it would throw this thread into One World Government forum territory.

Comment

hmmmmmmmmmmm..............

Comment

OK, the Knights Templar have been the subject of much speculation and rumors over the years. Conspiracy theory, you know? Google it and you'll see all kinds of crazy mess comes up. A lot of this is not pretty stuff to read. But you sift through it and you'll find some interesting stuff.

The interesting part of this whole thing is the timing of the Roman Catholic Church's revealing these papers, in view of recent events involving the steps toward the New World Order and the One World Religion. A lot of it depends on whether or not you put any stock in these ideas at all.

I would say more but it would throw this thread into One World Government forum territory.
                        All that I know about the Knights Templar is that they started out as a group of noblemen who essentially served as security for people who wanted to make trips to the Holy Land. Supposendly they actually started modern banking practices and became very influential and wealthy. This wealth and influence was all that it took for the RCC to declare them heretics as an excuse to seize their wealth, and prevent the RCC from losing any power.

As far as the conspiracy stuff goes I heard they worshipped a head that might have belonged to John the Baptist. I also heard that they may have dug under the Temple Mount and looted Temple wealth and potentially the Ark of the Covenant.

I still don't know this stuff would tie up with prophecy.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiba
                          and as for the "guardians of Christ's bloodline", that's just crap.
                          I agree with you 100% on that!

Comment

maybe the Vatican is short on funds so wants to bring back the KT's so they will start another world bank so that the Vatican can rob them again?

As for the conspiracy stuff, I don't believe any of it. I've done a lot of study of the KT's mostly because I have had an interest in historical pirates and privateering for many years, but most of the junk swirling around are just tall tales imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Taylorz View Post
                              VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - The Knights Templar, the medieval Christian military order accused of heresy and sexual misconduct, will soon be partly rehabilitated when the Vatican publishes trial documents it had closely guarded for 700 years.
                              By Philip Pullella Thu Oct 11, 8:21 PM ET

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071012/...RZ9HfWF4ln.3QA
                              If it brings them reprieve it makes me wonder if the documents are altered or only certain docs released.

Their initiation ceremony is believed to have included spitting on the cross, but Frale said they justified this as a ritual of obedience in preparation for possible capture by Muslims. They were also said to have practiced sodomy.

"Simply put, the pope recognized that they were not heretics but guilty of many other minor crimes -- such as abuses, violence and sinful acts within the order," she said. "But that is not the same as heresy."
                              True Christians are heretics for claiming true salvation but sodomites are just guilty of minor crimes.
                              Last edited by Buzzardhut; October 14th, 2007, 07:03 AM.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
                              Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
                              Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

All that I know about the Knights Templar is that they started out as a group of noblemen who essentially served as security for people who wanted to make trips to the Holy Land. Supposendly they actually started modern banking practices and became very influential and wealthy. This wealth and influence was all that it took for the RCC to declare them heretics as an excuse to seize their wealth, and prevent the RCC from losing any power.

As far as the conspiracy stuff goes I heard they worshipped a head that might have belonged to John the Baptist. I also heard that they may have dug under the Temple Mount and looted Temple wealth and potentially the Ark of the Covenant.

I still don't know this stuff would tie up with prophecy.
                                Nope, they would be struck dead if they even attempted to touch THE Ark of the Covenant. Don't forget what happened to others that we've read about in the Bible when they touched it.

Comment

Working...
                                X