X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GOD SAYS:

Matthew 7:15-16

You Will Know Them by Their Fruits

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?
    Matthew 15:8-9

8 ‘ These people draw near to Me with their mouth,
    And[a]honor Me with their lips,
    But their heart is far from Me.
    9 And in vain they worship Me,
    Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’”[b]
    Acts 2:42

And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.
    Acts 20:28-30

28 Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God[a] which He purchased with His own blood. 29 For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. 30 Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves.
    Romans 16:17

[ Avoid Divisive Persons ] Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them.
    2 Corinthians 11:3-5

3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity[a] that is in Christ. 4 For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted—you may well put up with it!
    Galatians 1:6-8

Only One Gospel

6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, 7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.
    Galatians 2:4-6

4 And this occurred because of false brethren secretly brought in (who came in by stealth to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage), 5 to whom we did not yield submission even for an hour, that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.
    6 But from those who seemed to be something—whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God shows personal favoritism to no man—for those who seemed to be something added nothing to me.
    Colossians 2:8

Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.
    Ephesians 4:14

that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting,
    1 Timothy 1:3-4

No Other Doctrine

3 As I urged you when I went into Macedonia—remain in Ephesus that you may charge some that they teach no other doctrine, 4 nor give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which cause disputes rather than godly edification which is in faith.
    1 Timothy 4:1-2

The Great Apostasy

1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron,
    1 Timothy 4:13

Till I come, give attention to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.
    1 Timothy 4:16

Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you.
    1 Timothy 6:3

[ Error and Greed ] If anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which accords with godliness,
    2 Timothy 3:10

[ The Man of God and the Word of God ] But you have carefully followed my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, love, perseverance,
    2 Timothy 3:16

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
    2 Timothy 4:3

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;
    Titus 1:9

holding fast the faithful word as he has been taught, that he may be able, by sound doctrine, both to exhort and convict those who contradict.
    Titus 2:1

[ Qualities of a Sound Church ] But as for you, speak the things which are proper for sound doctrine:
    Titus 2:7

in all things showing yourself to be a pattern of good works; in doctrine showing integrity, reverence, incorruptibility,
    Titus 2:10

not pilfering, but showing all good fidelity, that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior in all things.
    Hebrews 13:9

Do not be carried about with various and strange doctrines. For it is good that the heart be established by grace, not with foods which have not profited those who have been occupied with them.
    2 Peter 2:1

[ Destructive Doctrines ] But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction.
    2 John 1:9

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
    2 John 1:10

If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
    Revelation 2:15

Thus you also have those who hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.

I SAY ON THE AUTHORITY OF THE WORD OF GOD:

Galatians 2:13-14
    13 And the rest of the Jews also played the hypocrite with him, so that even Barnabas was carried away with their hypocrisy.
    14 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, “If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you[a] compel Gentiles to live as Jews?[b]

Galatians 3:1
    [ Justification by Faith ] O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified?

Galatians 4:16
    Have I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth?

Ephesians 4:14-16
    14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, 15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— 16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.

Ephesians 4:21
    if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus:

1 Timothy 6:5
    useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. From such withdraw yourself.

2 Timothy 2:15
    Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

2 Timothy 2:25
    in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth,

2 Timothy 3:7
    always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

2 Timothy 3:8-9
    8 Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith; 9 but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was.

2 Timothy 4:4
    and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.

Titus 1:14
    not giving heed to Jewish fables and commandments of men who turn from the truth.

James 5:19-20
    Bring Back the Erring One

19 Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, 20 let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul[a] from death and cover a multitude of sins.

2 Peter 1:12
    [ Peter’s Approaching Death ] For this reason I will not be negligent to remind you always of these things, though you know and are established in the present truth.

2 Peter 2:2
    And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed.

1 John 1:6
    If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.

1 John 2:21
    I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

3 John 1:4
    I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Covered View Post
      This is my first post and i must respond to this. I've watched Jack Van Impe for probally 20 years and he has never set a date for the Rapture and never would. He was just pointing out that the Mayans calender only goes until December 2012. I personally do not have a bad thing to say about Mr. Van Impe. I believe Jack and Rexella are dear people that love the lord and I stand behind them.
      You might not want to look at this site for his notable prophecies that have not come true. He has pushed his book and dvd's with the urgency that the tribulation is beginning in the following year.
      http://ministryserver.com/rwsr/part0...e_prophets.htm

Now he is going on record saying "something big" is going to happen in 2012 of course alluding to the rapture and tribulation events. I think anyone that uses this tactic to sell books and dvd's should be ashamed of themselves. Jesus told his disciples to watch and be ready, and we all should be doing the same, instead of trying to profit on the fears of the end times.

Comment

Originally posted by SummerSailing81 View Post
        I occasionally watch his program and I did watch Sunday. He does say that he believes something "big" could happen on Dec. 21, 2012, but you have to buy the DVD he's selling to find out what it is. If he believes that's the date of the Rapture then I've got news for him - it won't be. Jesus said that no one, not even He, knows the day nor the hour of His return - only God knows. I've become concerned also with his quoting Nostradamus. I used to enjoy the discussion of the headlines from around the world and how it related to prophecy, but Jack's cons are starting to out weigh his pros with me.
        Good points. He's starting to get to me, too.
        Rapture Forums Ministries - Rapture Forums

Comment

[Now he is going on record saying "something big" is going to happen in 2012 of course alluding to the rapture and tribulation events. I think anyone that uses this tactic to sell books and dvd's should be ashamed of themselves. Jesus told his disciples to watch and be ready, and we all should be doing the same, instead of trying to profit on the fears of the end times.[/QUOTE]

Yet so is this site http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com which is selling its products.

Comment

anyone that looks at man is going to be disappointed. But I do believe I will see Billy Graham in Heaven someday. I do believe that he is saved.
            OCEANS OF LOVE and PRAYERS,
            Rita/manytears

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Covered View Post
              This is my first post and i must respond to this. I've watched Jack Van Impe for probally 20 years and he has never set a date for the Rapture and never would. He was just pointing out that the Mayans calender only goes until December 2012. I personally do not have a bad thing to say about Mr. Van Impe. I believe Jack and Rexella are dear people that love the lord and I stand behind them.
              Exactly- he points out coincidences, points to ponder, and gives comparisons to what other cultures and belief systems say- I have never heard him make implications or prognostications in this regard. Yes, he was pretty enamored with the last pope, who knows what the extent was...He and Rexella are gentle and fair- unlike what we see in here on any given day- let's go easy on the hair-triggers.

If he makes a mistake or a claim you don't support- don't be so quick to condemn- maybe the context was misunderstood or the delivery was off. The same love given to YOU is also given them. I would classify him more as a "things that make you go hmmmm..." kind of guy, that's his delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by PPLGetReady View Post
                Did anyone watch Jack Van Impe last night? He made a couple of interesting statements, one was that the moon is going to blood red and he used an astronomy term for it. Also that the earth or sun was going to pass through the milky way? Or some such thing. I was just wondering if anyone knows what he was talking about and if it is verifiable?
                It looks like JVI is getting his material from the Horizon Project people. These people have a whole chunk of psudo science saying the reason the earth is about to go through great cataclysm is because we're about to pass through the elliptic plain of the galaxy. From what I can tell, the Horizon Project is a new age deal that takes a lot of notes from Scientology. In short hand, I'd say they were a form of scientific gnosticism. They also have jumped onto the whole 2012 thing like the rest of the world. In my opinion they're bad news and we shouldn't be listening to them. I extend this opinion to people who spout their theories as if they were their own, al la JVI.

hrm, it seems if you do much reading on sites concerning this, it doesn't take long at all for "Planet X" to pop up as well.
                Last edited by zhan; April 3rd, 2008, 06:04 AM. Reason: hommonym trouble
                -------------------------------------
                www.needGod.com by Living Waters / Ray Comfort
                Hell's Best Kept Secret by Ray Comfort / Living Waters
                This guy has some awesome sermons:
                http://www.getalifemedia.com/
                or to shortcut to a *great* series: The Final Countdown Youtube playlist by Billy Crone

Comment

Originally posted by zhan View Post
                  It looks like JVI is getting his material from the Horizon Project people. These people have a whole chunk of psudo science saying the reason the earth is about to go through great cataclysm is because we're about to pass through the elliptic plan of the galaxy. From what I can tell, the Horizon Project is a new age deal that takes a lot of notes from Scientology. In short hand, I'd say they were a form of scientific gnosticism. They also have jumped onto the whole 2012 thing like the rest of the world. In my opinion they're bad news and we shouldn't be listening to them. I extend this opinion to people who spout their theories as if they were their own, al la JVI.

hrm, it seems if you do much reading on sites concerning this, it doesn't take long at all for "Planet X" to pop up as well.
                  And yet people still listen to him and think he is not apostate.

Those of you who have posted on this thread that he is not apostate need to learn what the word apostate means. We are not talking just a little over the edge here, we are talking about JVI buying into new age psychobabble.

The Mayan calander and all the related stuff has about as much validity as the Y2K bug destroying our computers did.

The sad thing is to see a once good teacher get into this stuff and destroy his credibility.

Comment

Apparently, I may need to tune in and discern more closely, I just don't watch much of television these last couple years or so- except for sports! I don't remember him as he is portrayed of late, so if I am off base, shame on me. I wouldn't question his relationship...

From the looks of things though, it's pretty easy to pick people apart nowadays and a fundamental reason I will not tune in to the buffoons on so-called "Christian TV", not that there aren't some great teachers sprinkled in. I think our reading, studying and prayer all led by the Holy Spirit are what we have to rely on in earnest. As one who is anti-celebrity, we can also fall in to the trap of chasing after Christian personalities inappropriately if we are not careful (Joel Osteen, anyone?).

Thank you to those who supplied the material!

Comment

I think we are missing the biggest factor when it comes to JVI. The end of his show. He's trying to reach out to the unsaved and bring them into the family of Christ. This is the most important issue and he does on every show. I wonder how many he has brought to Christ through his ministry??

This may not be politically correct but my thought is if you can help 1 person to open their heart to Christ and accept Jesus as their personal savior then you have just done the most awesome thing for an that individual and God. So my point is this: I don’t care how you get a person to open their heart to Christ, if it's scare tactics or bribery, (I would tell my unsaved friends that if they joined me for Church that I would buy them lunch) it’s that you opened their eyes and now they will spend all of eternity with Christ!

There are things that I disagree with JVI but I think he is a man of God and wants to reach as many of the unsaved as he possibly can. Especially now when it looks as if our time is getting short before Jesus returns.

Comment

Originally posted by rdc5000 View Post
                        I think we are missing the biggest factor when it comes to JVI. The end of his show. He's trying to reach out to the unsaved and bring them into the family of Christ. This is the most important issue and he does on every show. I wonder how many he has brought to Christ through his ministry??

This may not be politically correct but my thought is if you can help 1 person to open their heart to Christ and accept Jesus as their personal savior then you have just done the most awesome thing for an that individual and God. So my point is this: I don’t care how you get a person to open their heart to Christ, if it's scare tactics or bribery, (I would tell my unsaved friends that if they joined me for Church that I would buy them lunch) it’s that you opened their eyes and now they will spend all of eternity with Christ!

There are things that I disagree with JVI but I think he is a man of God and wants to reach as many of the unsaved as he possibly can. Especially now when it looks as if our time is getting short before Jesus returns.

AMEN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by yogi3939 View Post
                          Interesting - You say he is not an apostate yet follow up with things that show he is an apostate. Even though the "modern" term for it is ecumicalism the blending of false teachings with the truth of God is still apostasy.
                          When one starts denying the virgin birth, starts denying the physical resurrection of Christ, starts preaching that there are many ways to God then I would clearly call them an apostate...I may disagree with Jack on things, but I will not say he is an apostate, some say billy graham is an apostate, , some say John hagee is an apostate, etc. etc...I would not call any of these men apostates, even though I disagree with some of there teachings..(there are many people who blend false teachings with the truth of God for example whole orgainizations are teaching that they will go through the tribulation period, this is false,(do you believe all post tribualtion believers are apostates that are condemed to hell?) there are some who teach against the gifts of the spirit, there some who teach against speaking in tongues,there are some who teach soul sleep, are we to condeme all these, to hell and call them apostates?) just because some of there interpretations are wrong on some things I wont call them apostates.....Jack van impee has claimed to led over 2 million souls to Christ over the years, and he unlike most preachers will preach against sin and tell them about repentace, and there need for christ...If this man is considered an apostate by you, or others thats your opinion...But like I said some 2 million alledged converts to Christ is pretty impressive...Since this man is an apostate to you, and your not one; may I ask how many souls you have won to Christ?

Comment

Originally posted by terrilynn View Post
                            There are core doctrines of the faith that CANNOT be deviated from. Anyone who does diviate from these core doctrines can be considered a apostate....but I have to say many on this forumn are quick to use the word. Just because somone does not agree with you or your interpretation of the Scriptures does not make them a apostate. If Jack Van Impe has strayed from the core doctrines (which I do not believe he has) then he is an apostate. I have to say though he has made some off the wall comments lately about prophecy..but that does not make him a apostate.
                            Best post in this thread..I perfectly agree with you!

Comment

I have a few of his videos and I watch him every week. I don't always agree with everything he says. I get verses from him and news from him, when it comes to doctrine, I take what he says with a grain of salt. I guess I do that with everyone I hear preaching. I must search the scriptures myself and make sure what anyone teach is true before I can actually believe it. Date setting is wrong, but one thing I know for sure you have to add in atleast 7 years of 360 days from now before the end of the age. and it would put that past the date listed here.

Comment

I watched his program last night and he did NOT say Jesus would return on Dec. 21, 2012. What he said was that he believed Jesus could return to rapture the church BY Dec. 21, 2012. I don't agree with all the kissing-up he does to the Catholic church either, but I think his program does merit watching because of the end times headlines and how they tie in with last days prophecy.

Comment

Working...
                                X