Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jack & Rexella Van Impe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    There are far better teachers out there than VanImpe...he went off the deep end years ago.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Biblenuggetlady View Post
      There are far better teachers out there than VanImpe...he went off the deep end years ago.

      I know but sometimes we get a little bored and we want to hear Rexella say "Now, Jack, tell us what you have to say....."

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by ontheRock View Post

        Jack sure claims to know the Bible but I wonder how much faith he has in it. He has been referring to Nostradamus, the Mayan calendar and the History Channel's program (The End of Days) a lot in January 2008.
        I saw this as well, really shocked me and gave me an uneasy feeling as well. I generally like his show. You would think he would know better than to give any credibility to the likes of Nostradamus and the Mayan calendar. Very upsetting.

        Comment


        • #19
          Jack Van Impe

          Did anyone watch Jack Van Impe last night? He made a couple of interesting statements, one was that the moon is going to blood red and he used an astronomy term for it. Also that the earth or sun was going to pass through the milky way? Or some such thing. I was just wondering if anyone knows what he was talking about and if it is verifiable?

          Comment


          • #20
            Jack VanImpe is not a credible prophecy teacher, I wouldn't waste my time watching his show. We DID have a blood red moon last week, but it did not fulfill any prophecy. The next blood red moon we'll have is 12/21/10; we had 3 blood red moons this past 12 mos period, that is rare-but not unheard of.

            Comment


            • #21
              Ok, I've been moved. I'm sorry, I didn't know Jack Van Impe was considered 'apostasy'. Will someone discuss that with me further? I often wonder about some of the statements he makes and on a good night I try to write down every reference he makes. To be honest when I look up the references sometimes I can't figure out how they relate to end times. Is it the view of this board that he is preaching apostasy?

              Comment


              • #22
                Thanks bible nugget lady. I did wonder about the moon thing because I know they occur during an eclipse.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by PPLGetReady View Post
                  Did anyone watch Jack Van Impe last night? He made a couple of interesting statements, one was that the moon is going to blood red and he used an astronomy term for it. Also that the earth or sun was going to pass through the milky way? Or some such thing. I was just wondering if anyone knows what he was talking about and if it is verifiable?
                  He also says the rapture is going to happen in Dec of 2012.
                  He may know a lot of verses by memory, but he lost my attention after predicting the rapture.
                  Guess he forgot Matthew 24:36

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I still watch him from time to time, but I take everything he says with a grain of salt.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      At one time he was a respected theologian. But, among other things, he became a Catholic appologist. He also developed some strange and scripturally unsupportable ideas about the end times.

                      I am not up on his current teachings since I lost all interest in him years ago when he started wandering away from common sense and biblical accuracy.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Joe 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

                        Act 2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

                        I agree Jack Van Impe has gotten to close to the Catholic Church, but these verses do seem to support what he says about the moon

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          The hairdo's bug me....Rexella and Jack have preacher hair....and im always dubiosu when I see that.....

                          Originally posted by yogi3939 View Post
                          At one time he was a respected theologian. But, among other things, he became a Catholic appologist. He also developed some strange and scripturally unsupportable ideas about the end times.

                          I am not up on his current teachings since I lost all interest in him years ago when he started wandering away from common sense and biblical accuracy.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Betty View Post
                            Joe 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

                            Act 2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

                            I agree Jack Van Impe has gotten to close to the Catholic Church, but these verses do seem to support what he says about the moon
                            The problem here is that your verses show two distinct things happening.

                            1 - The sun shall be turned into darkness

                            2 - And the moon into blood

                            The moon becoming blood red by itself without the sun darkening is just a lunar eclipse and these happen with a good deal of regularity.

                            There are, however, several things that could darken the sun AND turn the moon red at the same time. A supervolcano eruption that blocks the sunlight and makes the moon look red could do it. So could an asteroid strike or a nuclear war. It could also be something we don't even understand yet and won't until it happens.

                            But the key here is that both the sun darkening AND the moon turning red have to happen at the same time to fulfill that biblical prophecy.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by seekingtruth1 View Post
                              The hairdo's bug me....Rexella and Jack have preacher hair....and im always dubiosu when I see that.....

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by seekingtruth1 View Post
                                The hairdo's bug me....Rexella and Jack have preacher hair....and im always dubiosu when I see that.....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X