Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by icebear View Post
    there is no page 49.....
    I noticed that too. Every time I clicked to go to it, it just kept loading the 48th page. The mods are having fun again.

Comment

• okay, now page 49 and page 50 are the same...

Comment

• well, until that post (#961)there wasn't...

it showed one at the bottom of the thread, but when i clicked it took me back to page 47....not page 48...
        had me double-checking the lack of alcohol content in the can of O'Doul's i was sipping.

Comment

• Now there is no page 50...Who is watching me??

Comment

• Originally posted by Cherished View Post
            I noticed that too. Every time I clicked to go to it, it just kept loading the 48th page. The mods are having fun again.

Galactus must be snacking on trolls again...?

Comment

• Originally posted by icebear View Post
              Galactus must be snacking on trolls again...?
              I was told never to speak that name...

Comment

• Way to Go Mrs. Dugger!
                John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.Matthew 5:23-24 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

Comment

• Her questions about Jesus being the only way deserve time and attention to address. It's hard to do that in a talk show setting. I thought the video was sad....just so sad the state of darkness Oprah is in, and promotes. I hope she one day believes Jesus is the Christ, and that he paid for her sins to bring her to salvation. I hope she stops rejecting Him as the only way...in doing this, she flat out rejects Him. It's just sooo sad. The women on the show that day were good to stand up for truth, and I hope it stirred Oprah's heart some more to long for truth...rather than fluff.

ETA: I just realized this post has been around a long time and has kind of built off the first OP....my response was just to the OP that was posted months ago...Sorry I am tired and didn't figure it out until after I posted.

Comment

• With what was said on that Oprah show it is broadcast in many nations and languages.

So that was a witness to a very large, powerful, and smart audience. With many of

these things happening, such as this promoting the Gospel, time is very short indeed.

Also given this was 2 years ago! God bless all of those who were on that show and

made a stand for Jesus Christ!
                    John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.Matthew 5:23-24 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

Comment

• That was great to see that woman make the statement that Jesus Christ is the only way to Oprah and the audience. He is the only Way -- He said it, Himself!

I noticed Oprah making statements about a person having a good and giving heart, and living how Jesus would have them live (as if that should be "good enough" in God's eyes). That is a common mindset in people, it seems. Many people feel that "their good" will get them to heaven, and they don't need Jesus, God's Son. However, of course, the Bible shows that a person cannot be justified by works, so no man can boast. (Even Abraham wasn't justified by all his good works...) That mindset reveals they expect God to surely take notice of "their goodness" and "good works", but at the same time, they expect Him to just overlook their "bad" on their record (sins, secret sins, evil actions, deeds, even thoughts & motives of the heart/mind) -- with many people not even confessing their sins, or that they are a "sinner" to God.

So, is that logical? People expect God to surely notice, and take record of the "good" they did, and to save them because of it, but to just overlook anything "bad" they did? Do people even do that with each other? It is common for people to get mad and hold grudges when people offend/wrong them. But, they expect God to just notice the good, and not notice the offenses on their record? (It makes perfect sense why the Bible shows that if you don't forgive people their sins, the Father in Heaven won't forgive you).

Yes, every act is recorded the Bible shows. That is why people need Jesus Christ. So a person can be "washed clean" by the blood of the Holy Lamb (Jesus) slain, and have their sins forgiven & forgotten by God -- for eternity. God sent His Son for that very reason! Jesus paid the penalty for people's sin, and gave His life for a ransom for many. It is the most beautiful, true love, true good, righteous act in all of time & history. When sins are officially forgiven, and a person cleansed from sin, through Jesus Christ, then a person (a sinner) can be reconciled to a holy God. And, then, He has good works planned for those who know Him -- fruit that last for eternity, and count for something, all to His glory (which they should be to His glory, because He is God, and the only One who is truly good, and sustains life).

The Bible makes perfect logical sense, and doesn't leave any holes on answering questions on the subject of right and wrong, sin and evil, good & good works, salvation, justice, redemption, mercy, compassion, love, forgiveness, and condemnation. When people try to "whip up" some new belief (heresy), it isn't sound, solid, or 100% logical at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X