No announcement yet.

The New Age Gospel of Oprah is Heresy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would no more allow that woman's show in my home than that of an occult or cult leader or false teacher. She is an abomination. She has deceived so many of our generation and lulled them to sleep. GAG.

Comment

• Originally posted by penbrat View Post
      Sadly, that is an apt description. I will keep her in my prayers but have not turned on her show for years and never will again.
      !!!

Comment

• A reminder from BNL...

We are asking that everyone please remember the focus of this ministry. It is understandable that folks want to discuss the election and the possible ramifications, etc, but let's keep that in the political forum only, as the board is starting to look like a political forum, not a Bible Prophecy site. Our main focus is Prophecy and the study of God's Word. Remember to keep in mind our Christian witness. We have many visitors that come here to see how we react to certain events, our faith is in King Jesus, not the man who sits in the White House. God is still in control, He is still on the throne, and He has already defeated evil. Nothing has, or ever will, thwart the plans that He has for those who love Him. Let's keep our eyes focused on the Jesus Christ, the Kingdom to come, and remember we are just sojourners here, this world is not our home. We are also called to be the salt and light while we sojourn here, so let's keep our lights shining brightly, let's witness to the unsaved and continue in prayer.

Psalm 118:8 "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."

Comment

• Originally posted by Lainy68 View Post
          Ihurt is reminding us to be careful of personal attacks on this board. We not only speak to one another, we are speaking to the world at large--and this is not the kind of message we need to be sending.
          thank you....

s people should definitely know me by now...at least the old timers (not new members)

Comment

• Originally posted by His Bride View Post
            Ihurt, you have taken this passage out of context.
            just very tired of the negativity....

Jesus loves ALL of us!

Comment

We not only speak to one another, we are speaking to the world at large--and this is not the kind of message we need to be sending.
              I disagree. Oprah and her ilk need to be exposed for who and what they are. False teachers preaching a false gospel straight from the pit of hell.

Comment

• Sheesh You're all over the place aren't you ihurt?
                Maybe you should just take a break and get some fresh air and relax for a few minutes it really might help. I know it helps me when I am on the computer too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by ihurt View Post
                  thank you....

s people should definitely know me by now...at least the old timers (not new members)
                  I found this site on the message board of an "anti-christian" message board because of some of the personal statements that had been made that were hurtful. It broke my heart to see what was said because it was undeserved. Gentle reminder... First greatest commandment Jesus gave us--to Love the Lord God with all our hearts, minds and bodies... second, love our neighbors as ourselves. We are a light unto the world... remember that.

Comment

Ihurt is reminding us to be careful of personal attacks on this board. We not only speak to one another, we are speaking to the world at large--and this is not the kind of message we need to be sending.
                    That may be true- but we shouldn't take scripture out of context to make a point. There are plenty of other scriptures about love that would be appropriate for that point.

However, I also want to say that it is certainly scriptural to rebuke those who spread this type of error.

Proverbs 24:24-25 He that saith unto the wicked, Thou art righteous; him shall the people curse, nations shall abhor him: But to them that rebuke him shall be delight, and a good blessing shall come upon them.

2 Timothy 4:1-4 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long-suffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Comment

• Originally posted by Janh7 View Post
                      Sheesh You're all over the place aren't you ihurt?
                      Maybe you should just take a break and get some fresh air and relax for a few minutes it really might help. I know it helps me when I am on the computer too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagler View Post
                        I disagree. Oprah and her ilk need to be exposed for who and what they are. False teachers preaching a false gospel straight from the pit of hell.
                        Attack her teaching and the teaching of those who follow her and expose it as false. There is a difference between attacking the message without attacking the messenger. When you cross that line, what do you teach the world about Christ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wally View Post
                          I'd rather have an Issac Hayes Moses than a BO one.

Either way we get the Shaft.
                          I love it Wally! Funny...but true.

I don't watch Oprah, however I hear and read enough about what she's doing and saying to know that she is greatly deluded, and in her position of mega-celebrity is acting as a conduit carrying this delusion. She appears to be worshipping at the tin throne that Obama is seated on--as she was a significant aid in his ascendency to that tin throne.

Both of the O's--Obama and Oprah--need our prayers. I pray that they both come to Christ Jesus and worship at his throne--choosing to do so now.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLass View Post
                            That may be true- but we shouldn't take scripture out of context to make a point. There are plenty of other scriptures about love that would be appropriate for that point.

However, I also want to say that it is certainly scriptural to rebuke those who spread this type of error.

Proverbs 24:24-25 He that saith unto the wicked, Thou art righteous; him shall the people curse, nations shall abhor him: But to them that rebuke him shall be delight, and a good blessing shall come upon them.

2 Timothy 4:1-4 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long-suffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
                            The scripture in Proverbs speaks of judging the innocent and the guilty. You can't show partiality--let the guilty be guilty or the innocent be innocent--and let your words be true, in otherwords. In this case, is this instance--is this our place to be? It is a false doctrine, a false teaching... but can we honestly be judging the person right here, right now?

2 Timothy 4:1-4 speaks about people desiring after a false doctrine--turning away from the truth and speak of them as if they were fairy tales. Where does this say that we judge the person, not the message? I don't see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ihurt View Post
                              just very tired of the negativity....

Jesus loves ALL of us!

I understand. But it isn't a passage that should be applied in this case.

Comment

For sure I didn't mean to be harsh, but considering that "we are speaking to the world at large" it is more important than ever that we expose Oprah for the false teachings she supports. I don't see any "personal attacks" just the truth.

Comment

Working...
                                X