Irvin Baxter-Endtime Ministries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irvin Baxter-Endtime Ministries

What are your thoughts on this ministry? I'm been listening to his show for quite awhile. I really enjoy a lot of the up to date news coverage and discussions. Everything he teaches seems to make sense but then he got a few people calling in with questions about the rapture. I end up finding out that he believes we're going through the tribulation! I just thought it was kind of weird that this wasn't brought out in an up front way.

Feedback?

He professes to be an "Apostle" (http://www.endtime-ministries.com/?g...FQlQWAodI1nZ6g)

which fits him into the "New Apostolic Reformation" mold and most of these guys are Latter Rain (William Branham) adherents. Yeesh!

The Apostle Paul clearly stated that he was the last foundational apostle, i.e., there were to be no more Apostles after him. The New Testament also however refers to the broad use of the term "apostle." In this instance, 'apostle' simply means "messenger" or "one sent" on a specific mission - John 13;16; 2 Corinthians 8:3; Philippians 2:25.

These references are never confused in the New Testament with the restricted and special meaning of the office of apostle. These apostles of Christ, along with those who held the prophetic office, were part of the foundation of the church with Jesus Christ, himself the chief cornerstone -Ephesians 2:20

NewTestament Qualifications for Foundational Apostles
    New Testament apostles were required to be eyewitnesses of the resurrected Jesus. This is indicated in Acts 1:22 when Peter insist that the replacement to Judas must become with us a witness to His resurrection. Paul in defending his apostleship says: "Am I not an apostle? Have I not seen our Lord?" - I Corinthians 9.

Foundational Apostles were directly commissioned by Christ Himself Paul repeatedly asserts that his apostleship was by direct divine appointment - Romans 1: 1 and Galatians 1: 1.
    To my mind this man sees himself as a foundational apostle because he wants to fulfill the "great commission".

Comment

Rapture Ready doesn't endorse his teachings. Read here: http://www.raptureready.com/who/Irvin_Baxter.html

I personally have found he has a good grasp and interesting take on current news events. But go into his theology and everything falls apart. He's one that I would personally recommend folks stay away from.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by lisa View Post
          Rapture Ready doesn't endorse his teachings. Read here: http://www.raptureready.com/who/Irvin_Baxter.html

I personally have found he has a good grasp and interesting take on current news events. But go into his theology and everything falls apart. He's one that I would personally recommend folks stay away from.
          I have the same feeling with Irvin as well:

good grasp and interesting take on current news events but has bad theology.
          For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

Comment

I have no knowledge of Baxter's teachings; but, he is absolutely correct about a post-tribulation rapture. The bible states: And, he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations (Rev 2:26 and Mark 13:13). And, Scofield comments on Mark 13:13…not to the end of the believer’s life but the end of the great tribulation

Comment

Originally posted by papaearl View Post
              I have no knowledge of Baxter's teachings; but, he is absolutely correct about a post-tribulation rapture. The bible states: And, he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations (Rev 2:26 and Mark 13:13). And, Scofield comments on Mark 13:13…not to the end of the believer’s life but the end of the great tribulation
              Reminder of the forum rules:

http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=2

[15] This board is Pre-Tribulational Rapture, Pre 70th week, and Pre-Millennial Dispensational in our position of End Times Prophecy. We also believe in a literal 7 year Tribulation period, after the Rapture, during which God finishes His discipline of Israel and finalizes His judgments on the unbelieving world. In order to stay within our scriptural position and keep order and peace, all discussions on these topics must follow suit. Our Lord Jesus Christ told us that we don't know the day or hour of His return and to always be ready and keep watch.
              Rapture Forums Ministries - Rapture Forums

Comment

http://www.raptureready.com/who/Irvin_Baxter.html

Todd has an article on Baxter at the above link.

Comment

We
                  also believe in a literal 7 year Tribulation period, after the Rapture, during which God finishes His discipline of Israel and finalizes His judgments on the unbelieving world.
                  Thanks for that, i.e., the TRUTH.

Comment

End Time Web Help

I just talked with my brother who is searching for the truth. He is visiting
                    ** edit ** . I have dial up so I can't see a lot on this sight. Is this sight good for someone who isn't saved but searching? What worries me in their belief statement they don't include the Father and Holy Spirit. Also I know I don't post much but your prayers for his salvation would be such a comfort for me right now.

Comment

Irvin Baxter is a post-trib believer and is not endorsed by this site.

More info:

http://www.raptureready.com/who/Irvin_Baxter.html

Comment

Thank you Celtic. Like I said I have dino teck in this house. I have given the gospal to my brother many times so he won't listen to anything I have to say about salvation. I have invited him here but, I guess i'll give him over to the Lord and trust in the hope that saved me.

Comment

Thanks ATCLB I'm in no way endorsing anything within this site. I have never heard of him before. I will pray that my brother will find a site that will lead to his salvation. Again Thanks for your help. If this thread needs to be deleated I understand.

Comment

Comment

O wow just read the link Thanks again for the quick response.

Comment

Working...
                              X